CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I posted these earlier in another thread...but here you go.

Lotek pod with EGT, Boost, and Oil pres. All Defi BF gauges. These update the interior of the car so much making it look
    much more modern. And what I like most is that when the car is off, they look completely black.

My center console with Fuel press. and Water temp.
    Below it is a Pioneer unit, Defi control unit, and GReddy Profec B II:

Pics of the console in the day (things are a bit dirty):

more pictures here:
    http://www.erkou.com/images/interior/console.html
    http://www.erkou.com/images/defi.shtml
    David

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Erkou Kai Ide

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

na na naa na na na na na batman!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD

A pillar:
    Greddy Oil Pressure
    Greddy Fuel Pressure
    Greddy EGT

Gauge cluster:
    Greddy Boost
    J&S Safeguard knock response meter
    Blue Water Injection LED

Below Radio:
    Injector Duty Cycle / Narrow Band O2 Meter

Laptop:
    Zeitronix Wideband O2

As for the Greddy gauges, I love them. Quality is notably higher in them than other gauges I have tried including Autometer and Blitz. All of them are electronic, which is awesome. The boost gauge comes with its own MAP sensor, so you can use that if you are looking to do a MAP conversion, or turbo swap. Normal boost gauges operate on a cheap copper flimsy spring...really its a wonder they remain accurate at all. Got these gauges from a mix of places, probably the best deal was found on ebay. Also checking the supraforums is a good idea too.

EGT is *very* useful. If you are getting timing retard, you wouldn't believe how high the EGT's can go. Another great tuning tool.

Oil pressure is also good for checking the health of your oil pump, which really, is the heart of the engine. Also a good indicator of your car being properly warmed up.

The J&S is an amazing safety device. Just set it up in a scenario where you know you aren't knocking, adjust it right to the edge, then drive. After that if you get a lot of response it is a good indication to take your foot off the gas. Could save your ass in a big way down the line. I love it. Expensive, but worth it imho. Purchased it used off the mr2 board.

Zeitronix WB is a cool tool as well. Installation is actually easier than any of the other gauges. Quite literally if you just want it to work, all you need is power and ground. Very clean kit that I hide in my glove box.

i have always liked your gauges chris, very clean. but the write-up on your website is gone. what happened? im mainly interested in how you moved the fuel gauge over.
    ST165 x2

Junior Member afief is on a distinguished road

i bought noil pressure gauge its autometer but what do you use i tried to hoo mines up to the oil sending unit but the fitting is different and i cant find the adapter

does anyone got a link to an A-Pillar for my car that fits good ?

i found just 1, maby you guys know some more places?

Quote Originally Posted by afief
    i bought noil pressure gauge its autometer but what do you use i tried to hoo mines up to the oil sending unit but the fitting is different and i cant find the adapter

i had to re-tap my block to a 1/8 27npt to fit anything in there i'll have some pics up when i finish rebuilding my car and no it's nothing special just a 4afe but i'm saving for a 4age with a turbo
    Team late night tuners

luni me and you are both t mr2 owners, let me see your setup gauge wise.

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

there is the apexi control station too in the cubby hole under the radio but don't have a pic of that as yet.

Apexi AVC-r + Zeitronix wideband O2 sensor display
    http://www.shoarmateam.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239

I can haz 6 speeds? v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3's Avatar
    v3 has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

AEM UEGO and AEM TRU-Boost in a custom gauge pod.

-------

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

I really like the greddy black gauges. Does any one know if they make a matching a/f gauge?
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

What gauges do you think are best for a n/a car? I want a beams soon, hope fully in the next year. And want t be able to monitor it throughly

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Images

Any more pics? How do you like the uego?

Quote Originally Posted by rizin
    Here is a pic of my homemade gadge pod for my 92' gt with 3sgte swap. Made with fiberglass repair kit.
    Using beer cans as forms for fiberglass. Autometer mechanical boost gadge and AEM wideband AFR gadge.

Thats pretty cool... How about some high res pictures and a write up

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

Rizin, send me a PM to remind me to figure out a sticky for this later. Well done and thank you.

-Mario
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

so easy enough that even I could do it .... maybe...

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

Rizin, I will be splitting the write-up portion you did to another thread and it will be stickied.

Thank You.

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

ST205 setup. Prosport 45mm oil pressure, water temp, and boost gauges. Custom installed in a single DIN panel.

1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Nicely done Chris.
    - Mario

Questions?

Chris i remember you saying that you might switch your backlighting for you cluster. how do you do that?

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

I would say that Crisco has a writup on changing his dash lights.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Well, theres a variety of methods for sure. I generally don't like linking offsite, however 6gc.net has a lot of good how-to's on the subject of changing interior lighting. For the cluster itself, http://www.skewer.co.uk/ makes custom ones for the ST205 for about 100 UK Pounds.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Yay! I finally got rid of my guage pod and now have this

I'm using the autometer phantom wideband and boost guage. I'll probally be replacing the wideband for the electric oil pressure guage I have since I'm currently on gen3 electronics so far I love my new guage location because I don't get attention from kids in Honda civics on my way to work trying to race me. I bought another vent trim area so I don't destroy my original. So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by lalojamesliz; 10-07-2010 at 01:43 AM.

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Diamond plate, painted black. Was a neat idea, turned out pretty good.

Couldnt help posting this too, its more mean that pretty. I got these gauges at a swap meet for $150, real racing gauges with oil in them!! Ford racing emblems too. And the enclosure I got a friend that can fab like nobodies biz.
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 10-08-2010 at 05:44 AM.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Hey 90ToyAllTrac how do you like that edelbrock top end? We basically have the same car

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Thread Information