CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    Yay! I finally got rid of my guage pod and now have this

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...z/7e3c936a.jpg
    http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...z/d6c9693d.jpg
    http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...z/8f580d68.jpg

I'm using the autometer phantom wideband and boost guage. I'll probally be replacing the wideband for the electric oil pressure guage I have since I'm currently on gen3 electronics so far I love my new guage location because I don't get attention from kids in Honda civics on my way to work trying to race me. I bought another vent trim area so I don't destroy my original. So what do you guys think?
    Nicely done! I agree, it is nice sometimes having them in more of a stealthy spot.

It is hard to tell from the pics, but do you have a backing plate to hold the gauges in place? Or did you cut up the vent? Or is it simply open?
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lalojamesliz, yeah I noticed that. My 69 was my first project car. I went with the edelbrock performer package because it was all made to go together. First project keep it simple. It was really easy to install the heads, cam, intake. Had some trouble fitting the carb kickdown lever under the air cleaner but no biggie, I just hit it with a hammer until it fit. The throttle response is impressive. It definately brings out some power over the stock setup. I just drive it around town, but when I hit the gas, she GOES. Its an auto C4, with heavy duty trac loc rear, 3.5 gears and 16x8 wheels so that helps the launch too a bit I will have to get some pics on cardomain or facebook or something, Id like to see yours too.
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 10-11-2010 at 06:53 PM.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. Chris, I left it open and cut the vent area to make the guages fit. I used black electric tape to cover up the white plastic on the guages and used epoxy to hold them on the vent area so they wouldn't move. The other good thing about using the tape is when I want to switch my guages out, I just remove the guage from the tape and my guages stay clean. I was going to make a small plate to seal up the small gap between the guages because I thought it was going to mess up the air flow of my vents but it didn't affect the air flow so it's no big deal right now.
    90ToyAllTrac, it's nice to know that set up works great since I might go the same route. Is your c4 trans upgraded? I wanted to use my c4 but was worried it wouldn't handle all the freaking tourqe my Windsor will make Right now my mustang needs a little body work on one of my rear 1/4 panels and my passenger door and a paint job BADLY lol but it's a 69 coupe I want to get my mustNg running but I keep spending all my money (also my wife's lol ) on parts for my all-trac. I just bought hks 256's and some arp head studs so I can install my gen3 top half then I'll also be installing my st205 trans soon cause my freaking throw out bearing is starting to make noise (very little right now) and since I will have the trans out I might as well upgrade

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Ive got a standard c4 automatic. I had it rebuilt and asked them to put big clutchpacks in but at the time I really didnt know what I was talking about or what I got. But it was rebuilt. I think I also went with a higher stall converter, I havent thought about it in so long now I cant remember. But I just drive it on weekends and stuff around town. With the edlebrock top end, c4 auto, 3.5 rear gears w trac lok. She really breaks loose easy and blasts off. Ive had that setup for oh, going on 10 years and never had any problems. Still shifts great. Everything feels tight. My car did come with and FMX trans. But I already had the C4 rebuilt and ready to go sitting in the garage from my first mustang, a 302 grande rust pile that I never got running and parted out. Im holding onto the FMX incase I ever go nuts with my engine, Ive always wanted to put a blower on it like mad max. That would be friggin sweet. For simplicity and price, Id recomend the Edelbrock Performer Heads, intake and performer plus cam, if they still make them that is. With a 650 carb. Id link the pics here but that would probly be too off topic. Send me some or post some links of your 69! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3890407/1969-ford-mustang
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 10-30-2010 at 07:57 AM.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

damn, your mustang is NICE! i guess its my turn...

i wish our all-trac's engine bay had this much space with a I-6 4.1L engine i have so many things for my mustang that i still need to install, i just need to get motivated and have alot of time to install them

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Youve got a nice starter project car there. Thats the beginning of what matters with any project. I really dont think Ive seen that color before. Thas awsome. I am really proud of mine. Shes my fine older lady. Got her for $4500 off ebay. From LA. Just couple holes here and there. The lady and son that I bought it from she said she traded a 427 vette for it way back and so she thought it was weak? Well duh, why the hell would anyone trade a 427 vette for a 351w mustang?? I mean, Id take a mustang any day but still. She was built at San Jose plant, Wimbledon white, but she was blue when I got her so she's LA Blue Girl. But shes got the limited edelbrock musclecar series wheels, same as Eleanor had in the new gone in 60 seconds. And since its just a coupe and nothing special, and I knew Id never own a real sheby or even mach 1, i decided to put the hood scoop and shelby side scoops on it, and rear spoiler and man do they look good on any 69. I think the 69 is the ONLY year that the coupe looks just as cool as the fastback. Seriously the body styling is just incredible. That front clip and grill and lights, they just look like a beautiful monster thats gonna tear after you. Good luck with your car! The good thing is those old ones are like playing with tinkertoys. Just valves and levers and pulleys. As "bolt on" as it gets. Heres my 89 GT, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389054...rd-mustang?p=1 I will always call myself a Ford guy cause thats were I came from. I consider myself the Toretto (Vin Diesel) of celicatech cause my roots are musclecar. But I love Toyotas. A Toyota has moved across every continent on this planet. Thats why I have a 4runner. Which I call now, the Rusty Runner. But shes fun as hell to drive in Fargo blizzards. But dont feel bad. I know what its like to be a car guy with a family thru friends. Ive just never found the right girl which is why I have money for vehicles. My newest car is my 94 Celica GT, the green goblin. Old cars are better.

Holy crap! Bakersfield. We should compare VIN numbers, our cars couldve been right next to each other on the assy line.
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 10-31-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: addilio

i got my mustang from my dad, he's had it since 71 and used it as his DD up untild he gave it to me 3 years ago. my dad's cousin bought it new in 69 then sold it to my dad. that I6 250 engine is tough! its never been rebuilt and still runs good. i dont evem know what color it is lol but the great thing about my mustan is the only rust it has is the size of a quarter on the driver door bottom where some leaves clogged a drain hole inside the door.

I hope it's not too late to get in this thread, I just got these in yesterday:

Autometer Z-series oil pressure and oil temperature in the a-pillar (soon to be replaced with Ultra Lite full sweep mechanical)

Ultra Lite gauges in cluster:
    Autometer Fuel Level PN 4310
    Autometer Tachometer PN 4497
    Autometer Speedometer PN 4487-M
    Autometer Volt Metre w/ Peak memory and warning PN 4383
    Autometer Boost Gauge w/ Peak memory and warning PN 4377

So far (remember they were just installed last night) they work well. The Ultra Lites seem to work much better then the Z-series. The tachometre seems to react quicker than the stock one did. The fuel level is almost too sensitive and will move much quicker than the stock one. So accelerating and stopping affect the reading, as do hills. The volt metre is great and is much more accurate than stock (and actually has numbers that correspond to the actual voltage).

Cheers,
    Berg

"If a man tries to fail and succeeds, which did he do?"
    I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THEIR CAR

My Megasquirt project:

Thread Information