CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Post pics, reviews, and info on your gauge setup

I want to know what gauges everyone here is running, how they like them, and where they got them from.

Edit since I started this thread I have Prosport gauges that suck ass. No good. Ive had to RMA my boost and EGT sensors twice. They still dont work right.

Im using an EMS Powered boost gauge in my stock ones location, and I also have a metric electronic gauge on my turbo timer. Ill get pictures when I can get good pictures (because of the glare, my boost gauge isnt very photogenic).
    Last edited by Luni; 08-21-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Come on guys. God. Some of you really suck at active participation.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

A pillar:
    Greddy Oil Pressure
    Greddy Fuel Pressure
    Greddy EGT

Gauge cluster:
    Greddy Boost
    J&S Safeguard knock response meter
    Blue Water Injection LED

Below Radio:
    Injector Duty Cycle / Narrow Band O2 Meter

Laptop:
    Zeitronix Wideband O2

As for the Greddy gauges, I love them. Quality is notably higher in them than other gauges I have tried including Autometer and Blitz. All of them are electronic, which is awesome. The boost gauge comes with its own MAP sensor, so you can use that if you are looking to do a MAP conversion, or turbo swap. Normal boost gauges operate on a cheap copper flimsy spring...really its a wonder they remain accurate at all. Got these gauges from a mix of places, probably the best deal was found on ebay. Also checking the supraforums is a good idea too.

EGT is *very* useful. If you are getting timing retard, you wouldn't believe how high the EGT's can go. Another great tuning tool.

Oil pressure is also good for checking the health of your oil pump, which really, is the heart of the engine. Also a good indicator of your car being properly warmed up.

The J&S is an amazing safety device. Just set it up in a scenario where you know you aren't knocking, adjust it right to the edge, then drive. After that if you get a lot of response it is a good indication to take your foot off the gas. Could save your ass in a big way down the line. I love it. Expensive, but worth it imho. Purchased it used off the mr2 board.

Zeitronix WB is a cool tool as well. Installation is actually easier than any of the other gauges. Quite literally if you just want it to work, all you need is power and ground. Very clean kit that I hide in my glove box.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD

A pillar:
    Greddy Oil Pressure
    Greddy Fuel Pressure
    Greddy EGT

Gauge cluster:
    Greddy Boost
    J&S Safeguard knock response meter
    Blue Water Injection LED

Below Radio:
    Injector Duty Cycle / Narrow Band O2 Meter

Laptop:
    Zeitronix Wideband O2

As for the Greddy gauges, I love them. Quality is notably higher in them than other gauges I have tried including Autometer and Blitz. All of them are electronic, which is awesome. The boost gauge comes with its own MAP sensor, so you can use that if you are looking to do a MAP conversion, or turbo swap. Normal boost gauges operate on a cheap copper flimsy spring...really its a wonder they remain accurate at all. Got these gauges from a mix of places, probably the best deal was found on ebay. Also checking the supraforums is a good idea too.

EGT is *very* useful. If you are getting timing retard, you wouldn't believe how high the EGT's can go. Another great tuning tool.

Oil pressure is also good for checking the health of your oil pump, which really, is the heart of the engine. Also a good indicator of your car being properly warmed up.

The J&S is an amazing safety device. Just set it up in a scenario where you know you aren't knocking, adjust it right to the edge, then drive. After that if you get a lot of response it is a good indication to take your foot off the gas. Could save your ass in a big way down the line. I love it. Expensive, but worth it imho. Purchased it used off the mr2 board.

Zeitronix WB is a cool tool as well. Installation is actually easier than any of the other gauges. Quite literally if you just want it to work, all you need is power and ground. Very clean kit that I hide in my glove box.

i have always liked your gauges chris, very clean. but the write-up on your website is gone. what happened? im mainly interested in how you moved the fuel gauge over.
    ST165 x2

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Holy shit chris.

Did you put a boost gauge in place of your stock fuel gauge?

BTW, I think this should be sticky material

Thanks Chris. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I really like the Greddy gauges.

Fuckers are just damn expensive. But you get what you pay for. Borinal has that boost gauge and its nice as fuck.

ill take pics of mine and post them up soon
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Cool, Im gonna make this a sticky.

Guys dont forget to post where you got your gauges from.

I have all autometer. I trust them, plus they are a local company(somewhat). I hear crap from lot's of import people about them, but I have never ever had a problem after using them for 14 years except for a bad oil pressure sending unit which was my fault for having it hang off the head and vabrate to poop. My first set of autometer gauges was in my 72 Nova SS in 1991.

Right now I am sporting a lo-tek triple pod with a mechanical boost/vac gauge, an electric pyrometer, and an electric oil pressure gauge. My apex-i avc-r gen I displays pulse, duty, and metric vacuum and boost(I never look at the damn thing). They work fine for me. They are in the black face/black bezel style for the subdued-closer-to-stock look.

Edit: I got them from my Keystone account through my shop.
    Last edited by Playfortoday; 09-12-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Running Autometer Phantom series gauges. Voltmeter gauge, Oil Pressure gauge which I still have not hooked up the sender unit (I'm to dang lazy to do a remote mount for the sender) and a A/F Ratio gauge which is not working since I'm waiting for the 02 sensor to arrive (no emissions controls here, so I have no 02 sensor or cat) and plug the S-AFC2 I'm getting from someone local.

Got the Voltmeter and Oil Press gauge from www.egauges.com, gauge pod from the GB we had a few months ago and the A/F is second hand from a local guy.

*UPDATE* Pic of the pod and gauges

Last edited by Luis C; 10-03-2005 at 12:38 AM.

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Pictures please guys.

Aesthetics are important to some people. Im gonna post a pic of Borinals gauges (same greddy boost and EGT as Dittricks)

I've been looking for a thread like this for awhile. DEFINATELY want some more pics.
    Chris

2006 Scion tC - Daily driver
    1993 Celica AllTrac - Goal: 400awhp

1994 Celica GT - sold (04/06)
    1999 Integra LS - sold (10/05)
    2000 Celica GT-S - sold (2/05)

in furrrfax, the cops are all anal and stuffs. you aren't allowed to mount any gauges higher than the stock gauges. so, i've been trying to find places to mount gauges whenever i start buying them. i'll get a pic up soon enough but all i have is a boost gauge so far. it sits in the plastic trim piece on the opposite side of the ignition. i've taken apart the gauge cluster a few times and don't recall any good places to place any gauges in them for a 5th gen celica... but i'll have a look again tonight.

Come on guys, get with the pics.

Play, I know you have a camera you lazy bastard. Get me some pics.

I will try to dig something up.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

For now, here is a shot that shows the pod(barely) from the outside.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Playfortoday
    For now, here is a shot that shows the pod(barely) from the outside.

Holy chirst, your garage is lucky!

Those are mine. pay no attention to the oil pressure gauge.

I have egt, electric oil pressure and mechanical boost. All autometer Z gauges.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu
    All autometer Z gauges.
    I think that is what I have too if they have black bezels, and I have the same pod, Rob.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

I've got mine mounted on the steering column.
    When I get some pics on the computer, I will put them up...

Cool thanks guys.

Again all commentary if it isnt pertaining to gauges is gonna be deleted when this is made into a sticky.

Yuo guys still arent posting WHERE YOU GOT THEM FROM and HOW MUCH THEY WERE.

This part is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    Yuo guys still arent posting WHERE YOU GOT THEM FROM and HOW MUCH THEY WERE.
    I said I got them from my shop's Keystone account. No better than jobber on the price which is 16% under map for autometer. I paid no less than buying them at a discount site online, but I avoided shipping and got them in a day, so I came out a few bucks under the best deal I could find. But nothing spectactular. You can do just as good with froogle, but pay a bit more than me for shipping.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

Default coming soon

I'm going to take some pics of mine tonight... all indiglo which I"m going to change once the car is back in running condition!
    "To fast to be seen but to nice to be missed..."
    91 Celica GTS - JDM 3sgte swap
    custom interior
    indiglo gauges incl. Temp, boost, oil pressure
    1.5" drop all around
    Lamborghini yellow

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

I bought mine right off of Ebay. I belive the boost gauge was ~45, the EGT was ~125, and the oil pressure was ~60. Got the gauge pod from.. you guessed it, Gaugepods.com
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Just a basic 20psi autogauge boost gauge, bought on ebay.
    Black Is Best colour.!!!
    1992 JDM ST185...Sold

that interior is sexy JDM185...blue on black looks great.

Thread Information