CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Precision 3431E??

anyone have any experience with this turbo or feedback about it?
    thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Ava
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

no one??

Project Ava

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

What are the specs on it? Even if noone has used it, can see if it's a good match.

Precision 3431E
    Rated for 545HP
    Bearing Type: 360° oil cooled
    T3-5BOLT 0.63 A/R
    3" inlet/2"outlet
    56mm inducer

Currently have a t3t04e 50trim .63 a/r

Project Ava

Only reviews I could find were from ppl with hondas and dsms. Spool time is bang on with the turbo I have now but that could also be different since I was basing it off of their cars

Project Ava

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of

Images

All I can tell from those specs, is that it's never going to hit anywhere near 545hp.

What are you doing with the car? Autocross? Drag? Street only?

Street. Should be sufficient enough if my max goal is 300whp

Project Ava

May I ask why this turbo and not one of Precisions newer turbos? That turbo is like a Garrett 57 trim t3/t04 turbo. It will make about 200 flbs of torque north of 4300rpm but will easily make 300whp.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSAaron
    The 57 sucks in MR2's. Very prone to surge and not as efficient at high boost as a 46 trim.

50 trim CT27 was discontinued because the 46 trim proved to make just as much power with less lag.

Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by KBlake
    a 57 trim will experience major compressor surge on a 3SGTE with stock volumetric efficiency.
    Last edited by Magnum; 02-21-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Only reason I brought up this turbo is because a shop in town said it would be a good replacement. Also said they were putting one of these into a customers mr2

Project Ava

Any other precision turbos you guys recommend that would suit me? Preferably t3/t04e. Pretty Much want a direct replacement for mine right now.

Project Ava

You would be better off with a 5557 or 5857.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Those are pretty pricey turbo's for a 300whp goal aren't they?
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

300whp? Modded ct26. Port turbine housing, proper downpipe, 46 trim t04e impeller.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Those are pretty pricey turbo's for a 300whp goal aren't they?
    About $900. But it sounds like he has everything else in place ie: downpipe ect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT View Post
    300whp? Modded ct26. Port turbine housing, proper downpipe, 46 trim t04e impeller.
    I don't like the idea of modded factory turbo's, they tend to not live very long, and would be pushed to make 300awhp.

Images

Why would you think they don't tend to live long? I used one for almost 30k before my holset.

I feel that when pushing a modified CT26 to 300awhp it's running close to it's limit shortening it's life span. This is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Images

Well, if it was a standard ct26 it might be, but it's overspeeding the shaft that will dramatically lower the lifespan, and when you fit the new compressor, you lower the shaft speed compared to the original. They will live a long happy life. Now, using too large of a compresor and having them break do to surge, that's something else entirely, that I have seen. But for 300whp, the 46 trim upgrade is perfect, very good match.

WOT. Your numbers dont work on a twin entry CT26 which is what a 5SFE would most likely be running.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

Oops, didn't realize it was a 5S, don't know how I missed that?

Thread Information