CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New guy, lookin for mod tips.

Yo whats up everybody, just joined the forums here to learn a little more about this chassis and try and make my car not slow. Im currenty in a 2000 gt that has a brand new motor in it. Long story short, my cousin blew it up and handed me the keys, and since i work for Toyota it was fairly easy to across a 1zz. Im looking for places to buy parts and such from. I mainly want to start with bolt on's so if you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

With these cars, I always start with wheels, tires, and suspension. Donteatbugs has some sweet tires. After that, exhaust is always fun. Apexi has their world sport II that sounds good on the ZZ's. Not real loud, but a good hum to it.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

thanks. i looked up the ws2 and seen that it was a catback labeled for gt-s, will that matter since i have a gt? any good ideas on headers? i really want an aggressive sound but like you said not too loud. the car came with stock exhaust but with an axel back and big ass tip. not much sound comes from it since it has stock muffler. it also came with a k&n short ram but im bout to change that to an injen cai. i bought the car lowered. i believe they just used lowering springs and with the stock struts they need replacing, i like the ride height where it is but not sure if i want to replace the struts and new lowering springs or switch to coilovers. any input on this?
    Last edited by thegreat1.8; 10-16-2013 at 01:59 PM.

i would go full adjustable coilovers over springs if you can aford it, next do rear disc conversion if it has drums in the rear and it being a gt im banking it does i agrre with MCcelica supension helps a celica more then power does. with that said eibach makes a full sway bar kit for your car
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

thanks again. yes it does have drums and that will be another one of many projects to this car. i have got to say at first i wasn't sure about celicas, but now that i actually own one, im very impressed with them

dont spend a ton of money on suspension. factory is pretty darn good. if you want some performance increase, a magnaflow exhaust, AEM intake and DC header. is you best option. newcelica.org is a better site for info
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah, suspension is pretty good stock. That's why I say wheels and tires first, cause on stock size that's the first breaking point for hard corners. But yeah, a good exhaust, good intake, and good header. Won't net you much HP, but it'll make it more fun to drive. Especially if you got some sticky shoes. We have a whole forum dedicated to wheels, tires, and suspension. Most of it is geared towards 5th gens, but I'm sure you can extrapolate out.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Thread Information