CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default FMIC piping setup. *pics only wanted*

hI All,

Planning on FMIC setup for UK spec ST185 3sgte powered AE92 corolla.
    Ive searched this forum and downloaded lots of pics of Celica FMIC setups as a guide but thought a thread just for FMIC piping pics would be good.
    Last edited by irishtwincam; 06-20-2005 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling corrections :)

sure, i always love showing off my piping

Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior GT2 Member Aust162 is on a distinguished road Aust162's Avatar
    Aust162 has donated to the forums!

st162 FMIC

1985 ST162 Celica Sx - 3SGTE SW20 swap.
    Dynoed: 219fwhp @ 13psi (17/3/06)w/wolf3d + 50trim ct26
    *back on the rd 8/2/05
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    2001 Yamaha yzf-r6.

Senior Member CelicaGT4 will become famous soon enough

Here's how I have mine setup....hopefully the pics work since i'm computer illiterate!

These pics are from a few months back a few things have changed, but I still have my piping ran that route....

Does any one have pictures of FMIC charge pipe routing? where you you get an intercooler that have the charge and return on the same side ? Please upload pics of your 5sFTE set up would be a great help thanks

CelicaGT4, i noticed you put your altinator belt on the wrong way. the belt should go behind the tensioner not over it.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaGT4
    Here's how I have mine setup....hopefully the pics work since i'm computer illiterate!

These pics are from a few months back a few things have changed, but I still have my piping ran that route....
    No.. very cool! I will put mine up, but I'm unhappy with it being routed next to the hot side. I have some lab work to do...

But this is awesome, I wonder what your lag time though is like.. what is the diameter of the intake pipe off the IC? post ic that is, into the throttle body. Looks a lot bigger than the U bend off of the compressor. I've seen your times though.. looking nice.. fimiliar IC brackets too hahahahaa... interested in the flow dymanic here.. I wonder what would happen if you put your AFM right in front of the TB...

Classique71

there ya go

I use group A front bar and reo - with a 600 X 300 X 75 hybrid frontmount core as well - for size references

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    CelicaGT4, i noticed you put your altinator belt on the wrong way. the belt should go behind the tensioner not over it.
    Art, If you are not using the AC compressor you need to run the belt over the tensioner and also use a non-AC belt. It would seem that the belt treads in the belt would get ruined but it doesnt, the tensioner pulley moves along really well with the belt even though the tread side is making contact with it instead of the smooth side.
    1990 GTS Sold

Trance, I used 2.5in. IC piping both hot and cold side. The lag is there, but it is efficient for what I need it to do. Puting the AFM right before the throttle would be quite interesting, I wonder what the effects would be? Anyways, I'm really happy with the piping route I went, I can pretty much do everything w/out taking it off. If anyone has any ???'s let me know.

Classique71

If you can afford to - make the AFM redundant - get yourself some decent engine management that removes this restriction from the equation

Theres definantly gains in doing so as it frees up a good chunk of space in the engine bay as well

Quote Originally Posted by Classique71
    If you can afford to - make the AFM redundant - get yourself some decent engine management that removes this restriction from the equation

Theres definantly gains in doing so as it frees up a good chunk of space in the engine bay as well
    I know this. I wish I could afford to go full standalone for air density. In the meantime I'm quite happy with my setup. I'm throwing down some descent power with it as it sits, I'm at the limits of the AFM right now but I don't feel like it's hurting me all that much.

Classique71

nods - just a friendly suggestion - removing the AFM , and the battery in my FM install , made things 100 % easier to ly pipework down ..

Plus you get an actual readout of airtemp AFTER turbo and intercooling - which also helps the horsies get running

oneof81

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Cool! Is that Swain Tech coating? Sure looks like mine!

I'm not trying to critisize here, but do you guys know that you can rotate the compressor housings to point the turbo's downward? You'll eliminate a good chunck of piping and keep the pipes away from the exhaust manifold.
    Scott
    90 Alltrac +
    96 Celica +
    Michigan

I'm not trying to critisize here, but do you guys know that you can rotate the compressor housings to point the turbo's downward? You'll eliminate a good chunck of piping and keep the pipes away from the exhaust manifold.
    one thing people seem to forget is how LITTLE room there is when you rotate the housing. in a 6th gen application, there is just no way i could fit a pipe in there out of the turbo, my fan is in the way.the radius of a 90 degree bend has to be too large to fit in between. then theres the whole getting the pipe to the other side of the car thing...to get into the intercooler. IMO you really dont save much piping at all, unless you have a intercooler with ins and outs on the same side, and even then, with all the bends you'd need to get it there, it prolly works out about the same.
    yea, the u over the manifold isnt good for heat, but with a good IC, it really shouldnt be a problem. i know on mine, the cold side is still cool to the touch, even after driving a FEW hrs.

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    one thing people seem to forget is how LITTLE room there is when you rotate the housing. in a 6th gen application, there is just no way i could fit a pipe in there out of the turbo, my fan is in the way.the radius of a 90 degree bend has to be too large to fit in between. then theres the whole getting the pipe to the other side of the car thing...to get into the intercooler. IMO you really dont save much piping at all, unless you have a intercooler with ins and outs on the same side, and even then, with all the bends you'd need to get it there, it prolly works out about the same.
    yea, the u over the manifold isnt good for heat, but with a good IC, it really shouldnt be a problem. i know on mine, the cold side is still cool to the touch, even after driving a FEW hrs.
    Is there a difference between a 6 and 5 th gen when talking about how much room there is after clocking the turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    with a good IC, it really shouldnt be a problem. i know on mine, the cold side is still cool to the touch, even after driving a FEW hrs.
    correct.

oneof81

Wow! Got a couple of mods huh oneof81 Where did you get your exhaust manifold? Or who made it?

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

oneof81

Quote Originally Posted by GT4SOM
    Wow! Got a couple of mods huh oneof81 Where did you get your exhaust manifold? Or who made it?
    And here all along you thought my sig was there just for the benefit of those non-believers to call bull-shit on it? LOL! The exhaust manifold was purchased from Helsinki, Finland from the same person I bought my enormous fmic from, Paul Renisson. I don't know of another person here in the states that has this manifold, and I know of only one other person who has the FMIC. And I don't know of anyone else that has the same coating. If you look closely, you can see the downpipe is coated as well. And for those who mentioned earlier that you can clock the turbo and shorten the tubing, you can see that I have done that..........although the turbo is not a CT26!
    Last edited by oneof81; 08-30-2005 at 07:01 PM.

Hey if you recall, I do remeber saying that it was possible. Just one of those things thats hard to believe unless you see it for yourself. I bet you must have burned like half a tank of gas on that run haha. I know I burnt almost a 1/4 when I hit 145.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

im going to stickie this and still leave it open. keep posting your piping pics guys!
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Thread Information