CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cheap 7th Gen

Member ST185 is on a distinguished road ST185's Avatar

Images

Default cheap 7th Gen

so I was looking through an auto trader last friday and i happen to come upon this 01 7th Gen selling for only $2,150 or something like that.

Here is the auto trader posting

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=80

Now I just want to know if this is one of those too good to be true deals.

ive seen it but was usally extreamly high miles or salvage title, go get the car checked out, if its sound then go for it
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

sounds too good to be true. But maybe worth checking out.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Def check it out! You may just be gettin one heck of a steal!!

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It says clear title as if that actually means something. It could have a totally fuxxored engine or tranny or something, but the title could still be clear. But there's only one way to know, and that's to give it a look... in person...
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Images

Yeah I was planning on going to check it out but there is a problem with that. I got an e-mail from the seller and the person said that they moved to scotland or something and that the car is in denver. But she said the price is still the same

Quote Originally Posted by BmbleBPGT94
    Def check it out! You may just be gettin one heck of a steal!!

Oh lawd, is dat sum KLZE??

There's a small chance she doesn't know what she's selling. Not to be sexist in anyway, but I've seen women (or I guess even men) that've acquired cars through divorce or inheritance or whatever, not have a clue what they're selling, and just slap a price on it to get some quick cash. So I wouldn't just pass it up. However, the Scotland deal is extremely shady. I'd look into that. And also find out why she's selling.

Picture is from eBay.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Picture is from eBay.
    Really? I asked for more pictures of the car but haven't got any yet. Probably the only reason I'm looking into getting this car is because my dad wants another celica since he gave me his 5th Gen.

Look at the lower right corner of the pic, you will see a camera watermark.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Intuition -- if this was okay, a professional car flipper would have already grabbed it. The fact they haven't means they know better, and the seller's hoping you or someone like you doesn't.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Thread Information