CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dirt track race

Default dirt track race

i got my first taste of professional racing last night. it was absolutely the most fun i've ever had in my life. a friend of mine (and fellow racer) knew i've been anxious to get some race time since i've been slowly but surely building the baddest ass celica i can legally build for the track, so he offered to let me drive one of his older race ready cars(what a piece of shit). i gladly grabbed a suit and helmet, and leapt in the car since he gave me like 10 min notice i barely got the tires ready before track officials called us for hot laps. i thought hot laps was great and saw this as an opportunity to test cornering speed and thought i was doing great being 20 cars were out there and only one passed me. no sooner than i got the engine cooled down it was time for heat races and i couldn't be in a better spot starting up front on the outside row all i had to do was the same thing i did in the hot laps right? wrong. when i was pushing the little honda to everything it had everybody else was just feeling the track. as the flagman threw out that green flag, cars were everywhere, slamming me from all directions, man i loved it but some of them were able to get around me although i did well to hold 4th position of 8 i could feel i was in trouble for the feature race this little honda just didn't have any power and on top of that was having cooling system failure. finally lined up for the big feature race i was in a respectable starting position 4 rows back out of twelve but having major problems waiting for my turn to race . some rigged up wire had come undone and so wasn't able to shut my motor down and the car proceeded to overheat but still no way i was gonna let this keep me from my big debut ending this long story short i raced until a caution came out for flying cars(a saturn airborne 10 feet after turning too sharply in a high banked turn) during this caution the machine got way too hot and i had to end my race early. it was still the most fun i've had in my life and gave me much needed new drive to finish my celica machine. hey i may not have passed anybody but i fought every car that came by viligantly for those valuable positions . i never broke traction and i felt fearless in cornering.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Awesome!! Oval Dirt racing is a lot of fun. I am glad you had a good time, now you need to get your Celica done and get it out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

haha
    Sounds like alot of fun.

mmm racing in the dirt. My favorite thing in the world.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

He is oval track racing Kristen, that is not quite the same as dirt rally. I am not sure how it would work in a FWD, I would love to try it, but as a kid we did it in Pintos and Vegas, Camaros and Mustangs. It is a lot of fun, you don't use your brakes, in order to make the turn you give it more gas to break traction, sort of like drifting, but don't tell the drifters that since it was all originated in Japan and only recently made it here to the States. Most of the time it is done with an automatic tranny, with a straight pump drive and a clutch to engage it, to stall converter, you gas you go. It is fun, like go kart slick track smile on your face the whole time fun. But given the option, I would rather do and asphault closed road rally. Back home they recently (5 years ago) started closing off parts of Ball Play and holding a closed road rally there. I felt bad for all the out of towners with built racers getting thier asses handed to them by locals in whatever could pass spec. I did it in my drag car, you want to talk about fun, try taking a 10 second Camaro with no sway bars and light front springs on a road race like that.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I know it's not rally, darling. Driving on dirt is fun no matter what the type of racing.

Thread Information