CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Member ROME is on a distinguished road ROME's Avatar

Default Turbo 7th Gen VVTLi?

Hey guys. I have been thinking about swapping the GT4 for a 7th gen. However there are some things I need to find out first. Iím thinking about an 02 model with VVTLi

My friend has a Mitsubishi FTO with Mivec. He has a Mivec controller so he can choose when the extra power kicks in. Is there such a thing for the VVTLi??

Can I put a turbo on a VVTLi engine? I know itís ment to be hard, but it can be done right? (I donít plan on doing this myself at all. Strictly by professionals)

Are there forged pistons and accessories for the VVTLi? (to help in the turbo stages)

What else should I know about it really?

Please help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it can break, I broke it

AllOutRed90

yes there is a rather large aftermarket for the 7G, and there are like 2 turbo kits for that very car....there is lots of internal parts too...stroker kits and all that good stuff...

i think i have a boner now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM: ibanezgfx

The first orange one kinda resembles a 350Z.......... But the 2nd orange one with the black hood......I LOVE THOSE WHEELS... They would be the shit if they were black with that HUGH Chrome lip they have

^CLICK THE SIG^

Quote Originally Posted by ocb_dave_ocb
    The first orange one kinda resembles a 350Z.......... But the 2nd orange one with the black hood......I LOVE THOSE WHEELS... They would be the shit if they were black with that HUGH Chrome lip they have
    Yes, Richard definitely has one of the best looking Celicas I have ever seen. We took a vote once to see who everybody thought had the best looking car and most people voted for him.

He said that he might powder coat the wheels gunmetel. You're right though, black would look awesome. Black spokes with a polished lip is what I'll be using with my APR kit.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezgfx
    i think i have a boner now
    I would probably get a boner if I got to drive one of the Celicas that have over 300 WHP. People that have ridden in Smaay's Celica said that it scared the crap out of them.

Jesus.

None of these guys are on here either.

Holy fuck. Get some of these guys on here. Damn.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That is a majorly impressive list. Like wow. Luni, some of them are. Smaay posts here from time to time.

This however left me wanting more...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    Jesus.

None of these guys are on here either.

Holy fuck. Get some of these guys on here. Damn.
    I post a link to this site every now and then on NC.org. Problem is....this 7th gen forum is very slow. Seems like there is about 5 people who post here. I have been waiting for it to pick up since the day I joined this site.

You do have a great site though.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    That is a majorly impressive list. Like wow. Luni, some of them are. Smaay posts here from time to time.

This however left me wanting more...
    Thanks. I'm thinking of adding pictures of everyone's interior too, but I'm not sure yet. I'm also thinking of doing a list like this for all the N/A 7th gens.

We are all waiting for lowredcruzr to finish that custom widebody. He just got it painted and I'm dying to see how it turned out. He also had a custom set of wheels made for it that he is not allowed to show us yet.

I'll post pics of the finished project here if you would like?

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yes, I would very much like the finished pictures as soon as they are available. That is very exotic looking. I really like it.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Okay, I'll post pictures as soon as it's done.

I have also started a list like this for all the N/A 7th gens if you guys would like to check that out too....
    http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184938
    Last edited by badceli; 08-22-2005 at 06:42 AM.

i think somone need to make this into its own thread and stickie it... great info for 7th gen tuners!
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

i post both here and NC.org
    ill try to get more people over here though

AIM: ibanezgfx

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    i think somone need to make this into its own thread and stickie it... great info for 7th gen tuners!
    Sorry about that. I deleted my post and moved the list into my own thread. Didn't mean to jack this thread, I just thought the list would help him if he were to turbo a 7th gen.

Rome I would definately keep your GT-Four either that or get a 205. I wouldn't even bother to put a turbo on a 7th gen unless you're seriously commited to dumping an over excessive amount of money. You can make you're 185 a 12 sec car much easier and alot cheaper then making a 7g Celica into one. Not trying to rag on the 7gs or anything. Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure that guy lowredcruzer lives like 10 min from my house. Last time i talked to him he was looking for a 4age for his bro's ae92. Wide body looks good. Definately unique.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

Member ROME is on a distinguished road ROME's Avatar

GT4SOM: I know where you are coming from. But I'm not looking for a 12 second car. The 185 is just getting a little old and I already know what it's like pouring tons of money into a car. What gt4 owner doesn't. The idea started off me being tired of fixing things that go bang cos of the cars age. So I'm toying with the idea of a new car and bringing out it's potential. Even if it is FF.

By the time I get the money fo this project the 7th gen will be old too

If it can break, I broke it

sorry i been on vacation...i have both an ST185 with a 400+ HP motor and a built stroked turboed 2ZZ. probally one of the fastest...a turboed 7th gen celica is very fun..there is alot of maintnance involved. but they are fery fun
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information