CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Doing the front drivers side wheel bearing tomorrow 92' Any Tips?

Doing the wheel bearing on my front drivers side tomorrow in my 92' GT. Any tips? I have the wheel bearing and both new seals.
    microscan4g: mine rubbed too. ... hmm.
    microscan4g: we just yanked.
    microscan4g: him from one side and me from the other
    microscan4g: u lubed it up real good right.
    SeanGTS91: I got a buddy coming in a bit, perhaps he'll solve this spacial ability issue
    SeanGTS91: yeah
    SeanGTS91: but does your rub whenyou drive it?

Ya,

Your going to need a small puller and possibly some heat to get the race off of the hub. You will need a press to get the main race out of its home.

You might need a ball joint tool too. I giant breaker bar will come in handy. You will need a 30mm fairly deep well socket for the axle nut. If you don't have one, don't waste your money on an expensive metric one. 1 3/16 is only a few thousandths off of 30 mil and can be much cheaper.
    Last edited by Schmleff; 12-13-2004 at 11:47 PM.
    Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmleff
    ......You will need a 30mm fairly deep well socket for the axle nut. If you don't have one, don't waste your money on an expensive metric one. 1 3/16 is only a few thousandths off of 30 mil and can be much cheaper.
    A metric 30mm deep axle socket can be had for $5.00
    Get one, you'll use it more than once, it's cheap and you'll have to apply a fair amount of force to get the nut loose so you don't want to strip it.

I removed my hub and took it to a shop to get it pressed in and out. Should be a nominal fee of about $40 or less.
    ^
    88 ST165...All-Trac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89GTS...Ol' Faithful

86GTS...my 3rd Celica

Thread Information