CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default JDM Power Folding Mirrors Myth Busted!

I've done it! I've figured out how to wire the JDM Power Folding Mirrors! Muah ha ha ha! I am a wiring guru! :lolhittin

Tim@Jeffries.net
    AIM: T1M

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Ok, well let us in on it

Senior Member Disco Dan is on a distinguished road Disco Dan's Avatar

Most likely he used this for reference:

http://discodan.org/gfx/celica/mirrorwiring.jpg

I still haven't gotten around to wiring mine up. I made up this diagram and then sort of got held up by the fact that I don't exactly know where I want to mount the relay and the fact that I need to obtain some more stock wires so that it doesn't have to look like a shoddy wiring job.

D

Oh shit, I guess that diagram might have made it a little easier...

Ok i got some mirrors for Christmas today and that diagram is right for my mirrors but my retract control and switch have different number of wires and colors, So I am posting some pictures of the switch and box to show how i did the diagram I will also post.

Last edited by maroon_185; 12-27-2005 at 03:01 AM.
    Chris Fowler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wait are those JDM mirrors for RHD celicas? Dont the passenger side and driver side have different mirrors? The driver side is supposed to be a normal mirror while the passenger side has a wider magnification.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Celica GT-S - Eibach ProKit, Alltrac Hood, CS Bumper, JDM Clear Corners, Clear Front Bumper, 35% Tints, Kicker RMB8, Lenso Samurai Bronze 17" Wheels

2007 GTI - NewSouth Boost Gauge, APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AznKlique
    wait are those JDM mirrors for RHD celicas? Dont the passenger side and driver side have different mirrors? The driver side is supposed to be a normal mirror while the passenger side has a wider magnification.
    Wow. I only just realized that. Good point. Maybe I won't be getting any of those.. unless I can find some from Europe countries.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

are you talking about mirrors that move where you want them? that came standard in my car.....shouldnt have been in yours too?

Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

i also got leather seats that will tighten or loosen around my sides when i want them......nifty shit

Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco TEAMFaint is on a distinguished road TEAMFaint's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ricksta
    are you talking about mirrors that move where you want them? that came standard in my car.....shouldnt have been in yours too?

No this is nothing what you are talking about, they are talking about the JDM Folding Mirrors, not the electric mirrors on our 5th gens. Also your seats have lumbar, like every GTS, and try to keep it to one post if you want to talk about something and if you have anything to add, just press EDIT, having a crap load of useless posts doesn't make you cool.
    current project; looking =(

Yes I have power mirrors but I got a set of JDM power folding mirrors, that retract, but no wiring diagrams i find are close to what I have.
    Chris Fowler

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I have the JDM's on my st. The angle really dosent bother me. the passenger side has a little less adjustment than I would like but it is really ok.
    I tried to hook the fold up to the alarm but my alarm wouldn't support it. If you have an alarm with an aux out pulse then you could hook it up so that when the alarm is armed they would fold also.. pretty sweet if you ask me!
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

can someone perhaps post a picture of the stock mirror diagram.

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

u can hook them up to ur alarm's lock/unlock if u had a few electronics.. 555, maybe some diodes, resistors, transistors, and perhaps relays

so let me get this right when you turn your car off the hole mirror comes in towards the car?

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

No no, they fold.. they don't come in towards the car (:

well when you say fold that is what im taking from that, post some pics please.

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

Trying To Learn Something New Each Day caneman is on a distinguished road caneman's Avatar
    caneman has donated to the forums!

Images

Default Power FOLDING Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by pimpedcelicast
    well when you say fold that is what im taking from that, post some pics please.
    Welcome to the asylum. The inmates are in charge here.

I dont like the JDM power folding mirrors... they look like crap compared to the non JDM stuff

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by acidice333
    I dont like the JDM power folding mirrors... they look like crap compared to the non JDM stuff
    But on the small streets in Japan and in europe... you can't beat having something that will pop free forwards and backwards when someone hits them with their mirrors. also when you are driving you can retract them when the roads get tight. The US mirrors are solid mounted and will break when hit by another mirror. (no people just are not carring enough not to hit them) :thumbsdow

Reminds me, I still have to pull mine off and paint them...
    BM Dubyou

2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao; pa`a ka waha. surfergravity is a jewel in the rough surfergravity is a jewel in the rough surfergravity is a jewel in the rough surfergravity is a jewel in the rough surfergravity's Avatar
    surfergravity has donated to the forums!

Images

Was this also offered on 6th gens? I know the 5th gen mirrors would fit mine, however that would be neat to have PF 6th gen mirrors. Where would I go to research this?

Images

The one in Caneman's post is a 6th gen! Caneman, you got the link for him?
    BM Dubyou

Trying To Learn Something New Each Day caneman is on a distinguished road caneman's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany
    The one in Caneman's post is a 6th gen! Caneman, you got the link for him?
    Nope, sorry. The GIF is from my "wish list." I later bought a set. I haven't mounted them yet, so can't help with installation, either. I'm real helpful.

anybody have an idea of how to hook theses up to a DPDT relay?
    Chris Fowler

Images

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany
    But on the small streets in Japan and in europe... you can't beat having something that will pop free forwards and backwards when someone hits them with their mirrors. also when you are driving you can retract them when the roads get tight. The US mirrors are solid mounted and will break when hit by another mirror. (no people just are not carring enough not to hit them) :thumbsdow Reminds me, I still have to pull mine off and paint them...
    Exactly, David. I remember not too many years ago driving through the Cotswolds that I saw one car after another with broken side mirrors ("side wings" as I recall). The ancient roadways are extremely narrow in many places, especially where the 17th and 18th century buildings crowd right up to the roadside with hardly anywhere to park, let alone walk, along the roadsides. As the newer cars became more low slung and wider, more and more mirror-to-mirror collisions where happening.

It used to freak me out at times, until I got reacquainted with the narrow roads AND driving on the WRONG side of the road (just kidding, but it is a challenge). You haven't lived until you've passed an "articulated lorry" coming in the opposite direction at 80+ kph on a road hardly wide enough for two horse carts!

It occurred to me at the time that there must have been a lot of money being made in the aftermarket side mirror repair business.

Thread Information