CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    PerSonalHell

Default Tranny Questions

Ok

Before i left c.net i noticed a lot of talk about trannies, and i have some questions about them as well.

I read that the s54 was a lot stronger then the s53. If this is true wouldn't it be a better swap then the e153? It would bolt right in and you would have to do some modding to make it work for a front wheel drive car. Also, you wouldn't have to make custom alxes for the swap.

I was just asking mainly because what i have planned for my 3s and my s53 with 160k on the tranny, i don't think that it will hold up. I posted this here because there wasn't a general celica question forum.

-Josh

I the S54 has the upgraded synchros that 92-93 S53 got. Have you checked the gear ratios on the two to see any differences?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

PerSonalHell

No, i didn't look at the gear ratios. Where can i if them at? Mainly the s54 and the e153?

http://www.celicaboost.com/trans.php

sorry, no info on the e153 though, i do know where one is though, if you are interested in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e153 = manual 1mzfe trans = camry 5spud
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Thread Information