CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Low voltage to ECU

How should I go about tracking down a low voltage issue? Even when battery is reading 12.6 volts, my ECU (it's an AEM series 2) is only seeing 10.5 volts or so. Is this more likely an issue with the wiring through the main relay to the ecu, or the positive battery cable and it's connections? I've recently beefed up my main engine/battery grounds.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Are you testing using the same ground as the ECU or just anywhere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Measure the resistance from the connection point of the ECU to that points termination to the battery.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Met - The voltage readout for the ECU is in the ECU itself (laptop is plugged into the AEM ecu and has all sorts of diag. readouts).

Luni - The Ecu +B comes from a body harness plug which comes from the master relay in the kick panel. I'm not really sure what wire carries the power to that relay (i have to assume it goes through the ignition switch circuit, will take a look at the EWD).. I guess I should start by getting resistance between ecu and body harness plug, then from the harness plug, to master relay, then master relay to battery?

It occurs to me just typing that (it made me actually think.. damn..), my turbo timer has not worked since the car was vandalized, but it's still plugged in.. maybe I should start by removing that jumper harness from the ignition switch.. Then again, on second thought, all the ignition circuit does is tell the relay to switch on and provide battery power.. meh, need to check that EWD
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Met - The voltage readout for the ECU is in the ECU itself (laptop is plugged into the AEM ecu and has all sorts of diag. readouts).

Luni - The Ecu +B comes from a body harness plug which comes from the master relay in the kick panel. I'm not really sure what wire carries the power to that relay (i have to assume it goes through the ignition switch circuit, will take a look at the EWD).. I guess I should start by getting resistance between ecu and body harness plug, then from the harness plug, to master relay, then master relay to battery?

It occurs to me just typing that (it made me actually think.. damn..), my turbo timer has not worked since the car was vandalized, but it's still plugged in.. maybe I should start by removing that jumper harness from the ignition switch.. Then again, on second thought, all the ignition circuit does is tell the relay to switch on and provide battery power.. meh, need to check that EWD

Yep Spoony, thats the way to do it.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

my car does the same thing

Thread Information