CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

Default Temp sensor wire (water neck)

So I plugged in my aftermarket temp gauge on the Celica today. I plugged into the stock sender (under the water neck), but when I have the stock gauge and the aftermarket gauge, the aftermarket reads 270 degrees Fahrenheit.

Now, when I unplug the stock one, it reads perfectly fine.

Is there another wire I can tap into, or should I just not use the stock gauge?

Btw: Normal Operating temp for the 5sfe (my 5s at least) is around 200 Fahrenheit and 190 when the fans come on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

You should have a dedicated sender for the aftermarket gauge.
    Do you even know if the stock sender has the right specs for the gauge?

Images

I fail -_- Sorry guys, long day

I meant to say, I installed my aftermarket gauge and sender, but, I removed the stock sender

So I am thinking that the aftermarket sender ins't the same spec for the oem gauge?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Correct.

Think analog vs digital

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

So I would have to get another stock sender, and some NPT adaptors and fit it onto one of the empty plugs on the water neck?

Bing, bing bing!!!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Thread Information