CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Headgasket guide???

Are there any guides available to replace a headgasket, mine is in the early stages of leaking and would like a guide on how to replace the headgasket, what i need etc etc....
    can get all the tools and parts etc...just not sure on the stripping and putting back together part...!!!!!!
    I.E. settings for torque on the head bolts and timing belt setting up etc...??

Cheers
    Black Is Best colour.!!!
    1992 JDM ST185...Sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're better off pulling the engine and doing it.
    Especially if you've never done anything like it.
    The tensioner and engine mount bracket are a bitch with the engine in.
    And I'd imagine trying to pull the intake manifold to be at least as bad. Not alot of acess to the bolts/nuts back there.

How many miles are on your engine?

Hi
    its done 113000kms so about 70000 miles

im hoping to get some help, but im told it can be done while still in the car, but yes i agree is far easier with engine out..!!!!
    Black Is Best colour.!!!
    1992 JDM ST185...Sold

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

I dunno how bad it is with a 3sgte, but I did mine in the car. It was damn easy to do, didn't even need to remove the exhaust/intake manifolds
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

well its certainly not THAT easy.!!!!!

virtually everything has to be removed to get the head off.... :thumbsdow
    Black Is Best colour.!!!
    1992 JDM ST185...Sold

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78
    thanks....
    Black Is Best colour.!!!
    1992 JDM ST185...Sold

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Snafu, you suck I took the manifolds off and everything when I did mine in the car because I was told the extra weight of the manifolds on the head would throw off the torque readings on the wrench when tightening the head bolts.

But to the starter of this topic-- mine sucked! That was a miserable 3 days. Of course that's just me. I had tons of those pesky Toyota clamps on hoses that were messed up that kept snapping my fingers, as well as stripped out bolts

its not that hard. No way would I remove the whole engine to do it. I did a power point on a 5s not to long ago. do a search for it.
    Jeff

Jeff

He has a 3SGTE.
    Much harder than a 5S while in the car....

Thread Information