CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Disco Dan is on a distinguished road Disco Dan's Avatar

Default interior mirror light (reading light) on coupe/hatchback

As most of you know, the convertible has no dome light (for obvious reasons) and so the interior light is located on the base of the mirror, just as many newer cars have in addition to the dome light. So, for those of you who might want a 'reading light' for your car, you could consider getting the mirror from a convertible and mounting it to the inside. The only problem would be that you would need to get a windshield from a convertible as well, because there is a metal clip built into the windshield for mounting the mirror. Anyway, I only mention this because I was looking through eBay's auctions and noticed this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7989805842

Now, as I said, it'd be a bit expensive, because although the mirror would probably be only $20 shipped (assuming you get the one on eBay) you'd need to essentially either a) find a convertible with the windshield intact (which there is at Crazy Ray's in Jessup, MD, if anyone interested lives near there) and get it off of that, or b) pay to have a replacement window installed, but you've got to specify the convertible when you talk to the glass company, and usually they run a minimum of $200 installed, (unless you can convince your insurance company that the windshield was hit by a rock and needs to be replaced, but that's insurance fraud (oh my))

I dunno, just thought it'd be a neat idea. I've already got the convertible, so if anything, I'd consider adding a dome light somehow, but I'm very hesitant to mount anything to the interior fabric because I really don't want to give water a good excuse to get in.

Anywho, if anyone decides to go with it, it'd be neat to see!

D

The GT-S also has a mirror lamp between the lamp switch and the sunroof controls. I wanted to find one and install it but it's hard to come by GT-S around here since they are all imported from the U.S.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

My car already has a reading light at the sunroof control, too bad it doesn't work.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Thread Information