CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Please list your 3sgte mods and whp

Hey im looking to make around 250whp at around 1bar of boost and i would like to know what has worked with anyone that has achieved that. I know you need certain upgrades such as turbo, possibly fuel pressure or injectors, im just looking to make a good amount of whp with out blowning my engine and id love to know what works. Right now my 3sgte has bolt ons such as 3inch turboback exhaust system, walboro 255lph, boost controller, intake, big FMIC setup.

Your input would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    92 Celica ST 3sgte swap FWD v6 cam trans 12lb flywheel stage 3 clutch OHH SO SEXY!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Turn up your boost, keep your ignition componets fresh. Voila.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

thanks, i have hotwires, msd coil, and ngk plugs, whats your setup?
    92 Celica ST 3sgte swap FWD v6 cam trans 12lb flywheel stage 3 clutch OHH SO SEXY!!

also i read that you have koni's and eibachs, i have eibach adjustable lowering springs and OE struts so it rides like shit but i was thinking of getting koni yellows but i didnt know if it would blow those out too or not

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY514
    thanks, i have hotwires, msd coil, and ngk plugs, whats your setup?
    I'm a firm believer that the best ignition stuff is OEM wires, cap, rotor, and NGK Iridium plugs. This is what I run.

Also, to see my full setup, on the left under my name, click on my car and that will take you to my virtual garage.

also i read that you have koni's and eibachs, i have eibach adjustable lowering springs and OE struts so it rides like shit but i was thinking of getting koni yellows but i didnt know if it would blow those out too or not
    Koni's are great, lifetime warranty as well I believe, so no worries there. Mine have not blown out, and I've been running them for just over a year. Great struts.

The Eibach springs on the other hand I'm not to happy with. Although I've had them for 6 years, one of the corners has begun to sag a bit, and they only carry I believe a 2 year warranty, maybe just a one. I wont buy the Eibachs again.

Oh okay now i see it thanks, nice set up! Ever dynoed it?

i had a 3 inch intake, 3 inch dp, spal fan for stock TMIC, mbc @ 13 psi, w/ the jdm 3sgte and ecu, walbro 255, and OEM ignition components, i dyno'd in at 206 wheel hp, and 240 ft/lb of torque on a mustang dynamometer.

i haven't dynod it since 15psi w/ the addition of 3inch exhaust, bayareaAT FMIC kit with 2.5 aluminum piping, and spec lightened flywheel.

do you have the JDM 3sgte setup with the jdm ct26 turbo and ECU, or is it all USDM?

Yeah i do i have the US ecu though my brother has the JDM one sitting in his room some where lol. Not bad man i thought the 3sgte would dyno at like 160whp.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

alright

hmmm

91 JDM 3sgte
    FMIC
    3inch intake
    3inch DP
    2.5inch exhaust
    some crazy jdm plug wires that came with my swap
    nkg bkr7e's
    8psi stock boost that spikes to 12
    thats about it.

Hey Sean, when you turned your boost up to 14psi did you still have a creep issue?

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

i got you all beat... 247hp 270tq

2nd Gen jdm 3sgte swap
    stock ct26 @ 16psi
    Spearco 23x6x3 front mount intercooler
    2.25 stainless steal mandrel bend intercooler piping
    Exhaust Heat wrap on intercooler piping
    HKS SSVQ Blow off valve
    K&N Cone filter intake
    Spec Stage 3 Clutch
    3in Berk Downpipe
    3in mandrel bend exhaust (turbo back)
    3in magnaflow muffler
    no cats or resonators
    OEM SupraTT Fuel Pump
    Optima Red Top Battery
    Apexi SAFC (Street Tuned)
    DevilsOwn Water Injection Kit
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Nice, do you have a FCD? Must be the SAFC tuning i had one but sold it because ive heard bad things about them on the 3sgte.

fuel cut is totally disabled by disconnecting the vac line on the motor.

there is nothing wrong with an safc, as long as you are using it correctly and have the right tools to monitor things with. i have a wideband in the car, and im only using the safc to add fuel from 4-7k at wot. most of the power is made with the jdm ecu, alot of boost, and water injection.

putting an safc on and using it to lean out the car is where youll run into some major problems.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Nice, wheres everyone else?? We the only few that have moded 3s's haha. I have like 1100$ bucks that i need to blow on my ride and i need suspension, what blows is its 680 for the koni yellows a whole set but im also tryin to get some more power out of my celica. Im in a delima :brick:

I'd ditch the Nology Hotwires. Just go with the OE wires. They're well made and can take most anything.
    I can't post anything else since I have never taken my AT to a dyno, plus it's all stock (pretty much)
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

buy a boost controller and turn up the boost. best bang for the buck. if you dont already have one, get a 3in downpipe and a full 3in exhaust. those are cheap mods that youll see some nice gains from.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY514
    Hey im looking to make around 250whp at around 1bar of boost and i would like to know what has worked with anyone that has achieved that. I know you need certain upgrades such as turbo, possibly fuel pressure or injectors, im just looking to make a good amount of whp with out blowning my engine and id love to know what works. Right now my 3sgte has bolt ons such as 3inch turboback exhaust system, walboro 255lph, boost controller, intake, big FMIC setup.

Your input would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    did you purchase that car from from grumpy? its nice for the pirce, how does it run?

alright, Lagos beats me in torque, I got him on hp:

256hp/258tq, dynojet

-2nd gen JDM 3sgte and ecu
    -stock turbo @ 15psi
    -walbro 255 fuel pump
    -straight intake
    -3" everything...dp, high-flow cat, exhaust, magnaflow race core muffler
    -NGK bkr7e's

That's it. This week, Devilsown meth injection goes in (if they send me the parts they forgot). Hopefully I can turn the boost up one or two more psi then. I still haven't piped my FMIC so those numbers on on my top mount. I'm hoping for some really good numbers after those two mods.
    Last edited by jason; 04-29-2007 at 10:27 PM.

I have a boost controller and 3inch turbo back exhaust, Nope grumpys my brother we both had celicas accept i swaped mine after he sold his to his buddy for like 3200$ i was going to try to sell mine to but i dont think id be able to get what i want for it so i think im gonna keep it sell my other car and blow more money on this one. I gotta spend some dough and get HID, possibly new seats, koni yellows, my two front windows retinted and a new stero system, the one i got now is way to big for my car. 2400watt amp and two 12s 1200 watt each, i have no trunk room what so ever so they gotta go.

Lagos, looking at your dyno plot, would say seeing as your torque is good for the mods, but power a bit low, something is not flowing enough air, at high rpm's.

suggest you get your cam alignment checked when next doing the timing belt. i've seen top end power lost, whilst holding up torque at lower end. when over advanced that is.

you mention using the SAFC for adding fuel, with those nice AFR ratio's unless you have done something to weaken the fuel map, then only by setting SAFC to weaken would you get those ratio's. if not, then what base pressure are you running on ?

for a similar system, i am only running 15 psi, i'm getting 280HP @5700 and 270 ft/lb @4900 and even at 6800rpm i'm still on 200ft/lb torque. your engine is way short of air at the top end. good luck finding it, you've got HP to come along with it.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

1991 mr2 turbo... this was my old red car...

jdm 2nd gen
    ct20b @ 12psi
    STOCK INTERCOOLER
    downpipe to 3" exhaust I went 225whp/241 ft tq.

2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl
    Lagos, looking at your dyno plot, would say seeing as your torque is good for the mods, but power a bit low, something is not flowing enough air, at high rpm's.

suggest you get your cam alignment checked when next doing the timing belt. i've seen top end power lost, whilst holding up torque at lower end. when over advanced that is.

you mention using the SAFC for adding fuel, with those nice AFR ratio's unless you have done something to weaken the fuel map, then only by setting SAFC to weaken would you get those ratio's. if not, then what base pressure are you running on ?

for a similar system, i am only running 15 psi, i'm getting 280HP @5700 and 270 ft/lb @4900 and even at 6800rpm i'm still on 200ft/lb torque. your engine is way short of air at the top end. good luck finding it, you've got HP to come along with it.
    thanks for the advice. i believe the tq being higher then the hp is a result of the ct26. im pretty much pushing her for all she's got. with a better turbo, you would see more power in the top end.

im adding about 12% of fuel from 4-7k. 270tq is kind of pushing the stock fuel system to its limits and i think thats why i need to add fuel. the dyno sheet is with safc tuning.

you made 280/270 at 15psi? what turbo are you on? it cant be the stock ct26.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Lagos,

yep CT26, altho my ST185RC(CS) has a very efficient water to air charge cooler, and i'm fairly sure i've got a better cold air intake than the MR2 will have, both helping the actual density ratio, thus making the turbo work less hard to get the CFM needed for the 280hp.

so just how long is the FMIC piping ? surely on 2.25 piping its the restricive factor ?

the ECU in mine was mapped to 16~17 psi from the factory.... to allow TTE to go rallying with this model. i'm certainly not looking to get any more power from the stock fuel system.

only trouble with this power level, is my clutch doesnt last long, have up until now used standard plates, but the current one is only 25K miles, and can no longer hold the torque in the higher gears .... hit 4.5K rpm and it slips, so have to back off the throttle, get the rpm's up, then i can feed back in the throttle again. i think an EBC might or could be programmed to remove the violent power surge that i get from the MBC i have. i really dont like heavy clutch's due to a weak left leg ( from an old motorcycle accident )

Damn, that's on AWD too.
    I wonder what mine is running.
    I wish I had gotten it dynoed before I blew #3....

I'm [or was] running
    ST205 ic
    Toms remapped ECU
    16-17 PSI
    straight intake w/K&N filter
    Aussie 3" turbo back
    MSD SCI
    Supra CT26 [I tried it with a CT27 exhaust housing, but liked the lower RPM power more from the stock twin entry housing]
    smoothed intake manifold to TVIS plate casting
    CM 11lb flywheel

Images

On what type of Dyno? Your not talking HP at the wheels, are you?

Lagos is out of air, because the turbo is not keeping up for whatever reason you want to blame it on.

Thread Information