CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Default redline and fuel cut

I heard that 03+ GT-S's had a shorter redline or fuel cut a long time ago, is this true? And how much lower is it?

I've been out of the 7th gen loop so I'm just wondering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

its not the 03+, the 00-01's and 03+'s have a 7800 redline and 8300 fuel cut whereas the 2002 models all have redline and fuelcut at 7800.
    :igiveafuc
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Ok, cool, I'll make sure to steer clear of 02s.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

To add, I have a 2000gts which had the original 2000 tranny. To me that was a lot stiffer and of course had much smaller gaps between the shift gates as opposed to anything past 01. I now have a 2004 tranny in the car which I got under warranty, I feel a definate difference in shifting, oddly I seem to shift much faster(probably due to it not being as stiff, which i liked).

Images

What happened to your old tranny?

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

I had a worn syncro, when I'd shift into 4th gear from neutral or any gear other than 3rd i'd get a slight grinding. Toyota said it was "normal" but with a little "talking to" they changed it out for the new one. I only did it because my warranty was running out and I had reason for a new tranny.

AllOutRed90

i love the 7th gens, but i could never afford one...

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte_FifthGen90
    i love the 7th gens, but i could never afford one...
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

AllOutRed90

well i guess i thought i would just state the obvious....damn you

neither could I, thats why I bought mine totalled due to interior damage for about 4k and went from there

AllOutRed90

good idea...wish i had a chance like that...i could buy a GT but, i want a GTS...haha

AllOutRed90

could always try ebay?

buy a GT and turbo it
    theyre better to turbo anyways

AIM: ibanezgfx

haha, if the difficulty for getting a gts was price then I dont think he'll be turboing a gt anytime soon

there is a fairly easy fix to get the higher rev limit in the 02's. you need the 00-01 ECU and knock sensor...or you can get the Power FC and make the rev limit whatever you want..
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

AllOutRed90

well the gt is only like 2000 less...and the gts can handle a turbo just as well...they made a kit for it, that made the gt the same amount of power as the gts stock, but teh GTs turboed put down alot more and it was very reliable still...ill just go with teh bimmer...haha

the turboed GT are not any more reliable than the GT-S' as long as you have proper tuning the GT-S will handle 250WHP easily...the most you will get out of a stock bottem end of a GT is about 210WHP...the bearings start to go away after that
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information