CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 5sfte dyno results with 1 hr of tuning

ok guys, just got back from the dyno, mac the crazy fawker that he is drove 3+ hrs up here just to witness it..lol
    anyway, heres the results after 1hr of tuning..i NEED bigger injectors, thats the only thing holding me back right now..
    the runs were @ about 8psi, it slowly creeps up to 9, almost 9.5 or 10 in the higher rpms..

all in all, VERY happy so far, ill prolly order a bigger set of injectors here REALLY soon... ill add some vids once i get them all set up and hosted..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

Damn thats alot of power base.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

manny, post a copy of this in our dyno chart stickie!
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Thats wicked dude. That definitely confirms what we've said about those injectors. Just too small! Gotta love the 2.2L though.

Can you get the file with no correction factor? It's not really applicable to apply much of a correction factor to an FI car.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

yeah thats some nice power there. get those 400ccs in there and that btm and she will be nice and happy.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Senior Member CelicaGT4 will become famous soon enough

I would richen it up a bit if possible....unless you're on race gas of course! Overall, very impresive numbers out the 5sfe. Keep it up!

holy crap manny, the curves are really good looking for such tiny injectors. I can't wait to get a ride in her
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

awesome... that's 217 ft-lbs to the wheels : ) at low boost... gotta love the stroker : )

More injectors, more boost ... get'er done man !

-nuke
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:

thanks guys, i plan on getting a bigger set of injectors here very soon..lol
    anyway, heres a compilation i make of a few runs...check it out and enjoy!!
    click me

click

AWESOME numbers.

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

Are you running stock wastegate on a CT-26? you guys are saying small injectors.. so i take it the 315cc's? also... did you do anything with the fuel pump.

Im going to be going through the same thing soon with my 5sfte project... so any info you gained from your dyno would be a great help..

congrats on the setup!

Peace,
    TRD Terror

Pressure you are inspiration for me to start my project I am hold back looking for the oil lines and water lines..... I am wondering how you routed our charge pipes ! I dont want to relocate my battery. what ignition management are you using ?

its actually a ct-27 from ATS racing. (46 trim)
    it runs about 8lbs, creeps up to 9 in the upper rpm (5k+)
    ignition is all stock
    btm to be installed this week
    heres a engine bay pic, i changed a couple things, but basicly everything is the same.

click

nice numbers.... hp is even a bit higher than a stock swap on the same amount of boost. 5s makes good tourqe =)
    Thomas

90 gt
    3sgte
    57trim ct
    ZT-2 datalog/wideband
    coolingmist water injection
    3rd gen cam
    cp pistons
    walbro fp/ats rail fpr

ignition is all stock
    Isnt that an MSD box in the right corner?

BTW are those hoses blue, or just covered? Are they the goodyear hi milers?

Isnt that an MSD box in the right corner?
    yes, its the MSD BTM im gonna attempt to install it AGAIN this week, i tried to install it before the turbo install, and the car wouldnt start so i just disconnected it for the time being.
    most of the vac hoses are blue, yes, and i covered the throttle cable and a few others with the blue hose too.
    nice numbers.... hp is even a bit higher than a stock swap on the same amount of boost. 5s makes good tourqe =)
    yup, the only thing holding me under 200whp is injector, and that will be addressed here in the near future..hehe ill try and get some vids during the week..

click

why's your EGT in Cylinder 2 ?

GL with it
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster

my blog:

thats actually #3 nuke...thats where the 3s guys run it, that runner has the straightest line from the head, you can look in the back of the exhaust manifold right down thru it.
    i figured didnt matter much which runner i got it in, as long as its close to the head to get the best reading.

click

Member Todd is on a distinguished road

Arrow

yea thats number 3.
    same place i put mine.
    what are ur egt's at cruise and WOT?
    impressive numbers....i NEED to get to a strip and dyno.
    1992 ST-184 Coupe, 5S-FTE
    1987 MA-70, 7M-GE (GTE soon)

aim: bhouse2004

thanks guys, egts are around 12-1300@ WOT somewhere between 800-950 or so @ idle, depending how long ive been driving.

click

right #3, my bad.

The thing is, the leanest on the 3sgte is questioned to be #2,#3 because of the center feed intake manifold.

On the 5sfe, the leanest is supposed to be #4, closest to the TB. That's all i was saying. Probably not a big enough variation between 3,4 though.

Just wondering why you put it there. Those EGT's are low. Your max power tune will be where the EGT's are the lowest, if you advance more than that sweet spot they will go up, if you retard past that sweet spot the EGT's will also go up.

Keep that in mind when you get to the dyno next time with the BTM and want to retune.

Also, some theoretical advice for now or for when you're finally tuned. Alot of honda boys have blown up home made turbo setups in 4th and 5th gear. They tune their a/f ratio on the dyno and everything is supposed to be cool, but somewhere down the line they end up running boost in the higher longer gears... you stay in load for a while and the EGT's creep and pop the ring lands... So once you have it dynoed and you feel good about it, go give it a good 3rd/4th/5th gear pull and make sure your EGT's are fixed and not creeping up. (to help do this you probably want to be richer between 5k and 6k rather than leaner as it is right now... i know your injector limited at the moment... but i'm just saying).

-nuke

my blog:

good info and advice, nuke, i kinda figured as much with the side feed, but what the hell, right, as long as it works..lol
    yea i been trying to keep a close eye on the egts, especially on the highway, and i can see how people pop them all the time, especially after cruising @ 75 or so for awhile(1/2hr +)..do a long hard run after that, and the egts do get a bit high..1400 or so...once i get the bigger injectors ill be able to get a little more fuel into it, and get a little safer...200miles, all is well!

click

how many miles on your motor when you installed your turbo setup and tuned it?

Did you do anything to the motor to get it ready for the new power?

Peace,
    TRD Terror

the motor is actually art's (lagos') old 5s, its a 98 with under 60k on it right now. new timing belt and tensioner, of course valve cover and oil pan gaskets, blah blah..lol its got a factory metal headgasket, and i "think" the block has more webbing on it, i could fit the factory oil cooler setup on my 94 block with all the stuff, it wouldnt fit on the 98 tho.
    other than that, its bone stock, no internal work at all.
    happy boosting guys!

click

Your story realy makes me happy about boosting !!
    Still don't know if I'll go with swap or not.

Do you know how much boost the 5SFE can take without internal mods ?

The only things I did not find are crank, valves and valve springs.
    At which boost level would those be needed ?

Thread Information