CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Hannah

Default looking for a new car, got questions?

howdy guys,
    Just wanted to say hello, I just joined, site looks great. I had a few questions if someone would care to answer them. I am considering buying a 2004 or a 2005 celica soon. Right now I drive a 1992 st celica, which engine wise I am very happy with. so anyways...I just had some questions concerning the new celicas.
    1. Do they have any major problems

2.Is paint durable (my 92's clearcoat is peeling like crazy)

3.what are the major differences between the gt and gts (i noticed they are both 4 cyl)

4.right now my 92 is a 4 cyl does the 04 -05 have more power than my 92

5. what are the major pros and cons

6 as unbiased as you can be what would u rate the car

I know this is a lot of questions, please answer whatever you can I am trying to decide between buying an 05 mustang or a celica
    thank you

TRDmkII

ok the gt is a 1.8L 4 cyl that produces roughly 130 hp with front disc and rear drum brakes comes in auto/5spd.

the gts is a 1.8L 4 cyl that produces roughtly 180 hp with 4 wheel disc and comes with auto/6spd.

the paint is durable.. there aren't any major problems but the older gt-s have been showing some signs of trouble....

your st has a 1.6L engine that is very slow compared to both of these. I am going to have to say i would still get the celica but if you think about it for around the same price you can get a mustang with much more power and is rear wheel drive....however FORDS SUCK...

I would rate the car overall a 7...pretty good but could be a lot better....i would rate the v6 mustang a 4 and the v8 mustang a 7.5....

if you like toyotas then you might want to think about the scion tc, 160 hp with all wheel disc and all the options for less money than a celica...the look is different but imo it is a better car with a more reliable engine and is pretty cool...good luck with your decision

cool2miketlu

Scion is not too bad, but its not very sporty and its heavy mother. Suspension wise it sucks also, its off of a sedan available in Europe. If you want to heavily mod the car then Scion Tc is great, already one done with 500+WHP but that is HEAVILY modified.
    If you want a car that is good in the twisties 7th gen GTS is for you. I highly recommand Hotchikis (sp?) suspension setup, but if its too expensive just get the strut bars and the sways.

cool2miketlu

Oh! tc is screaming to be boosted thus the reason I say if you heavily modify it its great, that 4AZFE engine (Camry engine) in there is screaming to be boosted, but in stock form ontop of tc's weight its not much fun to drive.

Thread Information