CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

^^^ all good tips. Any pics of your tuck? That's something that has interested me a lot recently. But I have never seen anyone ever post a "how to" with pictures on the subject.

Here's another thread I made a while ago:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...3#post30010153
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

Hi, Just wondering why none of the pinout diagrams will load? I keep getting an error message. It's kind of a bummer. Any other places I may find these diagrams for this specific swap? Thanks.
    -Josh

if no one posts them by tonight i can try and dump mine on the net and post them. all saved at home. Have you ever re-pinned anything? I had to discover my own method after searching the net and not finding much that was exact match for what we have. Until youve done it its a brain buster just figuring out how to get the pins out of the plugs without breaking them.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I fixed the ones in my wiring thread.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

use the ECU part number to identify

st185 US chassis
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

Why hasn't this been stickied? Awesome thread, lots of good info.
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

I have a 1993 5s-fe 2.2L celica gt that i am swapping with 98 3s-gte turbo 2.0L caldina right hand drive JDM and ECU. Can i repin the 93 wiring connectors from stock harness to the caldina ECU?(ignition start, and sensors ect.)

Images

Repin + swap connector plugs + add a few circuits + change a few that are wired differently. Probably not the most straight forward swap there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

I think this post should be a sticky, Lots of good info on a hard to grasp subject.

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Wow, Im actually honored that my post has been called back up and figured so prominently. Also, Chris D and this forum are the ONLY reason I ever got my car running after the JDM engine swap. I had to figure out a LOT on my own but with out that support dont know if i coulda got it going. On re pinning the plug, use a safety pin type sharp point to open the female pin receptor holders. Hard to explain in text. It took me 5 months to do my JDM swap. 5 months! to figure out everything on my own. I even filmed it and made a 45 min documentary that was snubbed by the local film festival. But my friends liked it. The only reason I dont post it here is for some dumb reason I cant fathom, I dont want it reshot all over the world net like a creamy load on the face of an angel. Having done the JDM engine swap. Id say, instead of re wiring the engine harness, cut a hole in the firewall so the shorter jap harness will reach the ECU, it would be far easier than elongating the harness to reach through the stock passenger side hole. As Chris D said AFTER I went through all that trouble. No fault on Chris D tho! He said he used to do that before just finding a hole. I did it and it still worked. Just had to learn to sauder good.

Images

Haha. Well I don't extend the harness or find a hole any more. I tear down both harnesses and merge the two harnesses. But it does depend on what the swap is. Some don't require that effort. But that's my way. I recently rebuilt my st165's harness and eliminated the extension. It's now wired much more like stock. It was a lot of work to do. Probably more work than just doing it right the first time. I am just very particular on that car. But wiring can be very slow and tedious, so I do understand peoples need for a simpler solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Btw I have stickied the thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Well done all around.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thread Information