CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    n00b SlikSx is on a distinguished road

Default Transmission fluid?

Hey,

I was wondering what transmission fluid you guys use in your manual gearboxes? I'm using the 5spd from an ADM 5SFE powered 6th gen. I'm using auto trans fluid with an additive atm (as that's what is used in the gen 1 box), but its too thin and is making the transmission whine. An expert recommended I try engine oil, if it still makes the noise then step up to gear oil... I'm not keen on putting engine oil in my transmission though.

BTW: I know its the wrong gearbox to use behind a 3SGE, but I couldn't afford the LSD box and figured there's no point spending more for the non-LSD 3SGE box if I'd be selling it in about 6 months anyway.

Any help would be appreciated!

- Andy
    my beloved children (click the links!) >
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[ I have the Toyota EPC - PM me if you want details, drawings etc. ]

Mobil Synth Gear Lube 75W90

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Try finding Lucas tranny fluid, they make great stuff.

DEF

i HIGHLY recomend Pensoil Synchromesh. you can buy it at autozone and you need 3 bottles.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

I use Pennzoil Syncromesh (sp?) in my 93 MR2T tranny and have been pleased with the improvement over Redline 75w90.

n00b SlikSx is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Thanks guys, I'll try finding Pennzoil Synchromesh or atleast 75W90 rated oil tomorrow. We should be able to get it down here in Australia.

Much appreciated!
    my beloved children (click the links!) >
    /

[ I have the Toyota EPC - PM me if you want details, drawings etc. ]

full synthetic 75W90 gear oil

Thread Information