CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 3sgte Swap

bump for the update. I'll get to some gauges and my boost controler at a later time.

Here are some exhaust shots. turbo back 3 inch made by my buddy DGperformance

Enjoy
    DEF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nice job dude wouldn't mind having that done if i had the money
    Proud new old Celica owner

Hey, how does this clip look? Think it's actually worth it? I'm seriously thinking of getting it for my swap, I don't live too far, so I can just go pick it up, no shipping

Rob
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ST185-Toyota-Cel...QQcmdZViewItem

ok so which mounts on the 5th gens need modification for the st185 3sgte to fit correctly? And how many people are running their 3sgte's without a lsd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Yea, anyone with more information on what has to be done differently on 5th gens, ST/GT, whatever, post it up. This thread is awesome but it could definitely use as much info as possible.

TNO

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheNefariousOne
    Yea, anyone with more information on what has to be done differently on 5th gens, ST/GT, whatever, post it up. This thread is awesome but it could definitely use as much info as possible.

TNO
    I believe it's posted above.

It'll go straight in with a gt or gts. You have to move the passenger side mount on the st's.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

what about LSD. what should i do about that. dont people usually use a mr2 turbo lsd?

LSD is nice, especially with the bump in power, but it's not required.
    At least some of the V6 Solara transmissions had LSD, I believe. Maybe all?
    If so, and you can find one, that is better. It's the same internals [except taller final drive?], with everything already set up for fwd.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78
    LSD is nice, especially with the bump in power, but it's not required.
    At least some of the V6 Solara transmissions had LSD, I believe. Maybe all?
    If so, and you can find one, that is better. It's the same internals [except taller final drive?], with everything already set up for fwd.
    and it all mounts up right?

Red face Doing a 3S-GTE Swap soon

Hey guys I am doing a sway very soon but I am just prepping for it (by the way this article was excellent!). I just wanted to know has anyone dyno'd their car after the swap and tune? What HP is the car pulling at the wheels? Anyone do a quarter mile run with it? I am on the way to ordering the everything and getting it going but I am just asking these questions because I want to know if all the money is going to be truly worth it. I am not around these cars and no one around me has done one (the typical one's that are seen most around here are the SR20DET in the 240's). I want to be the first lady (person) around with this type of swap and keep it a sleeper for the track.

At the wheels, you should expect a little bit under 200whp with just the swap. Maybe a little over, depending on the exhaust and what other little goodies you have. Or if you just get lucky.

If you're a good driver, you should be able to crack into very high 13s. 14.0 seconds is pretty normal, i'd say.

There's a thread around here somewhere with a bunch of people's dyno charts, i believe it's in the forced induction section, may be in the racing section.

I'd say it's worth it, if you're willing to deal with the extra upkeep needed to keep a turbo car running.

My car has dyno'd @ 245 hp 260 TQ @ 17 psi. 245hp 245tq @ 15psi
    I dyno'd it this year.

Last year I ran a 13.9 @ 12- 13 psi. Island Dragway, Northern NJ.

I ran my RX-8 at Island when I had it a couple of months ago. Okay so I am happy with the results and thanks for your responses!! Hopefully I will get to see the Celica run at Island one of these days. Matter of Fact I will be at Island on May 21st but I won't be running my Celica because it is a stock ST for now lol.

Not to be redundant ( I just posted what about to type) but you seem to know what your doing. I need to know where the vacum hose shown in these pictures (second one of the engine out of the car) goes. It is the disconnected, large one directly to the right of the intercooler. Thanks!

BuiltTRD6thGen

Well, damn, I don't know what to say. But this forum has entirely helped me and many other 6th Gen 7AFE owners a lot with the 3SGTE swap. Many don't know how hard it is for us 7AFE owners but this forum here can help many of us as it has helped me with my Toyota knowledge and moved me to go ahead and do the swap sometime next winter after the build up of my 7AFE with turbo is finished this winter. So if you ever see this man I just wanted to tell you thanks so much for the information and great detail. Thank you so much man. Thank You.

Default 5th Gen 3S-GTE swap

ok i read your writeup on this swap but i was told that this was for a 94 ST. I was wondering if I could get a exact write up for a 93 ST??????????? I want to do this but i seems to damn hard. I need exact directions asap PLZ HELP!!!!!

Condor

good luck, click the link to my 90 st swap in my signature

would 91 gt cables work with 94 St? with 3sge (5sfe tranny)?

NateDawg!

ok im considering doing a 3sgte wrc swap into my 97 celica st. I think im going to be using the 5sfe tranny though. i wanted to know if i could use the 3sgte stage 3 clutch kit or would i have to use a 5sfe clutch and only be able to use the 3sgte flywheel. thnx!

I believe it all swaps.

ok, don't kill me for asking this. i just got my hands on a '97 gt, but the motor went while i was driving her home after the purchase. i have a nice 3sgte sitting at home in my garage that i'm thinking of swapping in. here is the problem, and like i said don't kill me for asking this. the car i got has an automatic transmission.

can the 3sgte swap be done using the 5sfe automatic transmission? i am thinking about going on the mission of converting the car to manual if i do the swap, but not sure if i really want that much downtime on my daily driver.

i might just get the car running for now fine with a regular engine and start buying up everything i'll need for the engine swap and tranny conversion. then maybe i'll do the entire thing.

just curious if the engine swap could be done with the auto trans

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

no, it will burn that shiz up quick

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

wuts the best transmission to use for a 3sgte swap into a 6th gen celica???
    I only wanna be faster than the guy next to me

BANNED

skidMarkNZ is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by 99celiGT View Post
    wuts the best transmission to use for a 3sgte swap into a 6th gen celica???
    ive been told to go with the e153, out of v6 camry and turbo mr2's also i believe but i could be wrong.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by skidMarkNZ View Post
    ive been told to go with the e153, out of v6 camry and turbo mr2's also i believe but i could be wrong.
    Yep, e153 = best, but a s53/54 will work as well. Gotta mod the mr2 153 to work though (rwd to FWD)
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Thread Information