CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Default Radiator interchangeability

Hey guys. My radiator sprung a leak and I'm looking for a good dual core radiator.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...diator+5th+gen

This old thread is not very clear on if an all trac radiator would fit a gts. Do you guys know?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I have the same AutoPWR rad in my GTS that I had in my GTFour. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I'm running a mishimoto aluminium designed for gt4/alltrac. Had to make a couple of adjustments to make the gt fan fit but it is working great.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light

Images

thanks the a verification you guys! I rented a pressure tester from autozone and found the leak. When i installed my radiator fans the baffle rubbed a tiny bit and overtime wore two small holes. Time to upgrade to a mishimoto.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images

Hey guys, so my radiator came and it fits great. But even with my spal slim fans it has less then half an inch of clearance from my downpipe. Honestly its probably a centimeter or less even. I do have a 3 inch down pipe. Do you think heat from the downpipe will melt or burn out my fan motor? Do you think I can get away with one 12 inch spal fan since this radiator is bigger? With the stock radiator the car would overheat with one 12 in spal fan which is why I had to get another one. I live in az and it's been 108 degrees farenheit. Lmk your thoughts and possible solutions.

I'm running the stock fan and the temp is running a few degrees less than the oem spec radiator.

Texas, often at 100+.

The mishomoto will provide faster heat dispertion so you should be able to go with a smaller fan.

Images

So quick update. The car runs great with no overheating issues with one fan. The thicker radiator core is keeping the enigne much cooler. Thanks for all the help guys.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

If you do find you need more cooling, look into a pusher fan mounted to the front. The thick rads do a great job dumping heat though, in cooler weather you'll start losing the cabin heat in my GTS if you're at a stop light too long.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Thread Information