CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Fuel problems car wont start

I'm done converting my engine to a 5sfte however I'm having some problems with the fuel system. it's a st204 from 1994. The car will only run on starting fluid. I'm using the stock ECU and I have a APEXI SAFC I'm going to put in once it's working.

The stock Distributor was impossible for me to get an rpm signal from with any standalones.

it starts but I gotta keep giving it gas via the air filter or it just dies. I know its not getting fuel and its not priming while the keys in the on position. can you gives give me some pointers has what to do? I'd appreciate it, it's a 94 Celica 5sfs. I've pulled the spark plugs and they smell like gasoline. The fuel pump only runs while I'm cranking it for some reason. It was backfiring through the intake before I replaced the sparks but that was when I had the distributor in wrong.

When I tried opening the fuel filter there was fuel but not that much it definitely wasn't a squirter.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
    Last edited by darthbollo; 5 Days Ago at 03:48 AM.

Thread Information