CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Fuel problems car wont start

I'm done converting my engine to a 5sfte however I'm having some problems with the fuel system. it's a st204 from 1994. The car will only run on starting fluid. I'm using the stock ECU and I have a APEXI SAFC I'm going to put in once it's working.

The stock Distributor was impossible for me to get an rpm signal from with any standalones.

it starts but I gotta keep giving it gas via the air filter or it just dies. I know its not getting fuel and its not priming while the keys in the on position. can you gives give me some pointers has what to do? I'd appreciate it, it's a 94 Celica 5sfs. I've pulled the spark plugs and they smell like gasoline. The fuel pump only runs while I'm cranking it for some reason. It was backfiring through the intake before I replaced the sparks but that was when I had the distributor in wrong.

When I tried opening the fuel filter for pressure readings and no fuel shot out .

I checked all of the efi fuses and they're all great.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

UPDATE: the fuel pump is good I checked again and it starting pumping during cranking.
    Last edited by darthbollo; 06-14-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Have you verified that you're getting fuel out of the injectors? Maybe the injector resistor pack took a shit?
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

If the pump is on while cranking it should at least start a bit before dying. I'd jumper power to the pump (I can't remember which pins in the diagnostics box but the info should be here somewhere) and be sure it's flowing all the way to the injectors, then go from there.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I think my ecu might be bad I got it from a junk yard and it thinks the car is cranking at 2000rpm

despite having a brand new distributor

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Open up the ECU and see if any of the capacitors have leaked.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Turns out I'm more of a retard than I thought, I bought the federal emissions version rather than the california emissions version

Question though, do we need to reprogram these ecu's if the car is from the year 94?

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Is it an automatic? I actually think that I have an auto ECU for a 6g laying around, but I think that it's for a 96+

And yes, it will matter. The 94/95 cars don't run separate cam/crank sensors, while the 96+ do.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Thread Information