CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default bloodMoney's Project V.3 ***Now with 100% more GT-Four***

With the first 6GC Midwest meet behind us, I can now post this up.

Two years ago, ChrisD made the decision that it was time to sell his car to fund the purchase of a more practical DD. It was suggested that I purchase the car, but we was not in a financial position to do so. I passed on the offer and the car was listed on Ebay. The auction ended below the reserve, and he circled back around to give us one more shot at it. Stacy and I took it as a sign and scraped up the cash to buy it. That was April 2017.

Fast forward to April 2019, two years of pushing this large financial commitment out of my head, and this pulls up in front of my house:

That new new by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

The trans had a 3rd gear issue, so the Chris put in a new trans as part of the sale. All buttoned up:
    Untitled by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Let me tell you, it's been a long 2 years...

It's so small compared to the 4Runner!

It's not without it's fair share of warts, mostly cosmetic. It needs a complete respray, but there's no rust anywhere on this thing. I've put 300km on it since Friday, and this car is hands-down the BEST driving Celica I've driven.

I've already put my SSRs to use... What a difference a set of wheels can make.

A couple of rolling shots:

IMG_1188 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

IMG_1184 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

IMG_1181 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Post Meet washdown:

I'm stoked to see what the future brings!
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

That must be destined to be on your hands. Looking great so far, enjoy.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Congrats!
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

I AM SO ENVIOUS!!!! I want one!!! And damn she looks good.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

That's so freaking cool. It's also chill to see Chris's car still around.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Oh yea... I couldn't let it leave the family.

It was touch and go for a little bit, but the stars did eventually align.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I gotta admit, more that they're legal I kinda want a 205, but I can't convince my wife to let me DD an Evo so I'm very sure o won't convince her to let me by another money pit, lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Nice! Congrats!! Glad someone here got his car!!

Project Ava

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

OMG yes!!!! Such a cool car!!

How does the reg work being that it's <25 years old? It is ok because that body style was sold here or something?

Images

Thanks guys.

Jason: The reg was actually pretty easy. We were in and out of the DMV in an hour. I think what made it easier is that they consider it a Canadian import as opposed to a straight Japanese import. We are waiting on an IL title for it becuase they had to do a paper application for title. They are estimating 6-8 weeks on it, but otherwise, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Images

No pics for this update, but the wheels are back on the car.

I've also replaced the cluster bulbs with LEDs since one of the three were out.

Auxito LED

There are hot spots, but at least I can see all my gauges at night.

Finally, I pulled the fuel sender to try and see why my gauge wasn't working. Turns out the entire sender had come off of the bracket and was sitting the in bottom of the tank. After wrestling the sender up with a magnet, I soldered the connections back together and I seem to have a working gauge again.

Although, It appears that the drive to and from Starved Rock for the midwest meet used 3/4 tank of fuel. I certainly hope that's not the case, as it was only a 200 mi. round trip....

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodMoney View Post
    No pics for this update, but the wheels are back on the car.

I've also replaced the cluster bulbs with LEDs since one of the three were out.

Auxito LED

There are hot spots, but at least I can see all my gauges at night.

Finally, I pulled the fuel sender to try and see why my gauge wasn't working. Turns out the entire sender had come off of the bracket and was sitting the in bottom of the tank. After wrestling the sender up with a magnet, I soldered the connections back together and I seem to have a working gauge again.

Although, It appears that the drive to and from Starved Rock for the midwest meet used 3/4 tank of fuel. I certainly hope that's not the case, as it was only a 200 mi. round trip....
    Depending on how you drive it, 200 miles WILL chew up 3/4 of a tank of gas. Prolly even more in a awd pig of a GT4.

I generally only get like 240 miles per tank in my Gen3 swapped MR2. I have cams and an ECU and a turbo, but while crusing, my gas mileage should technically be better than stock. The problem is NOT boosting. Which is almost impossible.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    The problem is NOT boosting. Which is almost impossible.
    I think THAT is my biggest issue. It's not that I drive it aggressively, I just like hearing the sound of my BOV. ^_^
    Last edited by bloodMoney; 06-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

In my experience Toyota's tend to have heartbreaker fuel gauges, though if that is accurate it's about the fuel economy I got with my RC before the rebuild.

Images

I suppose it maybe right then....

I'm comparing the GT-Four with Stacy's ST165, and we can never seem to burn enough fuel out of that car. Although, I do have a heavier foot than she does.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Images

It's not GT4 specific, but we can check another box off the list....

Before:

After:

Just need to run 220 to it, and we'll be in business!

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Hot hatch! I am jealous of the lift too.
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

That's how I drive too and I get about 13-14L/100km which is about 17-18mpg and it sounds like you're getting about 19-20? Babying it I didn't seem to get any better economy so I figure I may as well have fun. Like Luni said, not boosting is pretty much impossible when we've got the worlds shortest intake piping.

The stock gauge lights are awful. Have you sanded the back of your gauges to try to get more light through? I did in the 204 to get rid of the green hue but because of the boost gauge in with the fuel/temp gauges, I haven’t bothered in the 205 yet.

When Brigette takes her 205, and I won’t even kid myself and pretend like I own it in any way, I don’t even know that she’ll get 200 miles in 3/4’s of a tank. At least it’s not quite as thirsty as the Supra...

1998 Celica GT- BEAMS Swapped.
    1994 Baltic Blue ST205.
    1997 Supra- TT 6 speed, BPU.
    2016 4Runner- DD.

Images

Most of you know, but it seems that I may have had a clutch failure a few days ago. I was driving home from work and the engine dropped from about 2500 rpm to idle as I was slowing for an off-ramp.

Got it apart a bit yesterday and the shift linkage is functioning correctly, as is the slave/clutch fork.

Also removed the inspection cover yesterday. Didn't reveal anything except a lightweight flywheel.... I forgot Chris did that. No clue why they would put it on the back side of the flywheel, not really useful there.

So, I started pulling the left side of the car apart to get some visibility to the trans:

Got the starter out to take a look at the pressure plate/clutch, and it looks like it may have just been end of life on the current piece.

It's just weird because there wasn't any slipping prior to the failure. There was no noise either. I'm still thinking that it was the TO bearing that took a shit.

For the record, the current clutch is a Clutchmasters FX500 6 puck un-sprung unit, per Chris.

I guess the motor is coming out again...

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Dang, that sucks. I thought the same thing when looking at the "inspection" plate area, I think it's really just a filler for that gap and not really meant to let you even pretend to try to see anything.

Images

Update: Made a little more progress last night

Vacuum reference for posterity:
    Engine out by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Got the Radiator out:

Exhaust disconnected:

And most of the LH side of the engine bay disconnected:

Including the loom through the firewall:

Which, I found, is difficult to do when the door opening angle is limited by the lift post. #firstworldproblems

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Images

Pulled the engine this weekend:

I wish I had a third person there to take video... watching the car come up over the engine set was such a satisfying thing to see.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Jealous of that lift.

I'm trying to figure out how to install mine. Thinking I'll have to put it on a dolly, use the cherry picker to lift up the car and then put the car on top of the engine. Never done that before and hoping it won't result in a car rolling down the driveway into the street....
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

The way we always used to do it was:

Chock the rear wheels, lift front end as high as you can get it.
    With the engine on mover's dollys, roll engine under car.
    Lower car onto engine.
    Connect ALL THE THINGS.
    Drive.

The guys over at 6gc got me thinking of all the engine pulls we've done.....

Ellie's (ST185) Engine:
    DSC00303 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

DSC00296 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Ellie's 1st clutch:
    DSC03487 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Abby's 1st engine:
    5654_629625264089_32811582_37315284 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Abby's 2nd engine:
    DSCN1529 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Patty's (ST165) engine:
    04CE0DFA-EC12-4F49-98A3-2D7D757612B8-14282-000009070F8F36D2_zpsed379a47 by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Lilly's only engine:
    DDE787A9-0E30-467F-BC88-8C0B2D3F02D0_zpskhz50y7g by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

Lilly's engine into the white car:
    94742EFE-E40E-443F-BC13-B1046D1747F2_zpszu7xafhy by bloodMoney2012, on Flickr

.... I hate cars... The pics from Abby's two clutches are missing, as are the pics from pulling Ellie's engine to put into Patty.

And now the engine pull from this thread.

Which remind's me, this car still needs a name.....

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

Thread Information