CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #3 FX corolla

Default #3 FX corolla

Hi fellow members. I and my wife are leaving this Saturday on the way from Ohio to Miami Fl. to pick up the third car to my collection of the 3 sets of the 1987 Corolla FX's. Going down interstate highway 75 all the way. Leaving this coming Sat. and planing on being back by the following Friday.

buffalohunter7321 (Jack)

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Have a safe trip Jack! Is this why you were getting rid of your alltrac?! Needed to make room for another FX???
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Yes, in away. I still have the all-trac but since the weather is getting warmer and as soon as I get back from Fl. I plan on concentrating on getting it running. People seem to shy away from a NON running car unless you just give it away.
    After getting the trio of Corollas in collector shape, I'll just take the time of going to any car meets and fixing what ever is wrong with any of my collection of carS, and just drive them around the States.

Oooh... you'll be driving right past me... but I'll probably not be home when you do.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

I never made it down to pick up the car because the Alternator went out about 50 miles from my house.
    Unless the owner can find away to keep the car stored, I'll have to keep on looking fore the third car!

Too bad about the alternator issue. Hope it got resolved soon.

Alternator was an easy fix, took it to a good friend I know and he rebuilt it totally. But now have a grounding problem. Some time's I can turn the key to start it and just get nothing. Turn the key off and than back on to start the engine and it works or doesn't . But keep on repeating, turning it on and off and will start finally.

Try to clean the ground contacts for couple of times.

I found out that NON of the grounding Leeds from the firewall are connected. I guess that company out in Reno NV. left them undone, when they did the Heads!!? And they are just hanging down in between the firewall and engine. There is about 4 to 5 of them not connected and also found out that they twisted the nuts off all the coil packs, but one. I don't know if that is my problem or not but sometimes my check engine lite comes on and at other times it is off!
    I don't even know where all those flat ground cables go too!!!? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a messy job. You may need a manual diagram for the wiring.

bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

What car is this for Jack?

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

My 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4

Images

Yea. Post up some pictures of the wiring in question and I'll see if I can help at all.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Images

What I've found on a dakota forum:

Drivers side ground from stud on wiper cowl next to brake booster goes to the back on the head.
    4gauge Ground cable from battery to the power steering bracket(connected to the block so basically this is my ground for the block)
    4 gauge Cable from battery to the stud on fedner right behind headlight

passenger side
    ground from stud on wiper cowl to passenger side valve cover bolt
    should be a ground on the fuel injector wire harness that connects to one of the alternator bolts(at least that's where I have mine)

Should be some other miscellaneous grounds from wire harnesses to various studs around the engine bay.
    Can you pull on those straps to see where they terminate Jack?

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Some, but not all, of the flat web copper leads start from the "fire wall" and from the inner finder where the Air breather filter housing is bolted to the inner fender. there are 5 of the web grounds that our not hooked up, one being a double hook up.

Images

And none go to the head or block?

Instinctively, I would try to ground them to the nearest engine component.

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

That was my thought's also. Thanks Chris, Jack

Thread Information