CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Power Steering Reservoir/Supply hose

Putting the engine back in, figured I would attack the small leak at the reservoir/hose connection.
    - Find a replacement reservoir - done
    - Find return line hose - done (using 3/8 transmission cooler hose)
    - Find reservoir/supply hose - uh oh

No longer made by Toyota. See a couple of sites listing an aftermarket thing for 115-130+. Figured on could make one. Anyone done this?

Looks like a 5/8 or 16 mm hose. I can get my hands on some tranny cooler line hose that should work. Need to figure out how to get up and over the serpentine belt and thru the gap. Looks like a couple 90 deg turns and some way to curve down and stiffen the hose to keep in the gap between the fender and the engine.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Honestly, I would just head to a junkyard and pick one up.

Nowadays I find myself struggling for time to go junkyarding, so an aftermarket replacement is the more likely direction I'd go.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '94 GT-Four WRC
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah, either go get one at a junkyard or find a shop to make a new line. I had a new one made for mine many moons ago.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

My old hoses are brittle/stiff so figured the junkyard ones would be as well (they were on the extra reservoir I picked up, where I had to cut the old hoses off)

Pics of the shop made?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Yeah, I wouldn't JY hoses

Go to a hose shop with the original and have them make one.

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...pe=ParkerStore
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Thread Information