CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Removing dash board

Has anyone done this. I had someone paint my dash board black and they did a shit job of it so I want to reupholster it. Ive have alot of practice with upholstery so no problem here. the only thing is trying to get the A/C vents off. the ones on the top side of the dash are screwed in from underneeth.

anyone supply me with pictures or know how to do it. I attempted to remove it once and got every bolt except the ac vents .

I will be doing a full interior job with black vinyl. Origonally everything was sprayed in satin black spray paint its ok but I think vinyl would look more professional.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I've done it...don't really have pics or a step by step. Basically it was a pain and you just have to be very careful that you have all the bolts out before pulling, or risk breaking something off.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've also accomplished this job, twice. But I also can't quite recall exactly how it went or have step-by-steps. Which AC vents are you having issues with?
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

I atempted to get the AC vent on the passenger side off. and as for the top vents im pretty sure they are screwed into the AC piping.

I've never had an issue with the vents preventing the dash removal, the piping and vents mate up with a foam seal. I'll take a pic of what I mean as soon as I'm up near my AT again and the underside of the dash.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

Also has anyone atempted to reupholster dash boards door panels?
    Thats what I want to doo. I pinted the panels. and i think would look more professional upholsterd.

The "top" vents [defrosters, by the windshield] don't [and won't] come out until you remove the dash from the car.
    The 2 side defrosting vents aimed at the windows need to come out, and are just held in by plastic nubs on the vents. Pry them out. GENTLY.
    There's also a bolt/nut hiding behind the cluster that's in deep.

for the vents no top near the window. just get a flat head screw driver and they should pop out?

Pretty much, once the dash is off you can get at the tabs from the bottom which can make it easier.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

not removing dash but trying to get the passenger side ac vent out without murdering it. I bought the car from some old people in the woods and vermin set up shop in the ac vent. Now i'm trying to remove the vent cover so that I can take all the crap out but it just won't come off. Any advice would be welcomed.

Finally got it out. Incase anyone deals with this you just suck it up and carefully pry it out. There are two clips on the inside. I stuck a screw driver in there and lifted carefully...ish on the dash side of the screw driver and it poped enough to give me confidence to pull.

Thread Information