CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Mystery wiring - 91 Toyota Celica GT

Hey! I just picked up a project '91 Toyota Celica GT Convertible (5s-FE) and it supposedly just needs a new battery and starter to run. I put the battery in and am in the process of putting the starter in, but have some questions on the wiring.

There were two mystery wires that were broken with exposed wires. The first came directly from the positive terminal. I'm thinking this one is aftermarket and doesn't matter. Can anyone confirm?

The second is on the main wiring harness just before the starter wiring plugs. There are two wires that come together to a connector of some sort, but it's snapped and the raw wires were exposed so I taped them.

Here is a link to the album with photos:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=899aa0f949

Can anyone tell me where these go? Or what connectors/plugs I might need to fix them?

Thanks!
    1991 Celica GT Convertible Project - Vlogger at Katie's Garage on YouTube
    @KatiesGarage to follow the build on Instagram

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

The yellow one definitely looks aftermarket, the black one I'm not sure but I don't think Toyota used a lot of solid black wires so it may be aftermarket as well. Maybe check the wiring diagrams posted up here and see if you can find a solid black wire in that part of the harness?
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Thread Information