CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default buffalohunter7321 is getting old

I am 70 years old now as of this past August and I have started noticing a laps in my memory. It has gotten so bad that I do not know how to put my cars back together after I remove some thing that needs repaired or to just do simple upgrade's.
    So this is what I would like help from my Brothers and Sisters on this site on what I think would be very helpful for me.
    I need some thing that would video my disassembly from the beginning to the end. And then play what I had just taken apart back wards so I could start at the end of the disassembly and reassemble what I took apart from the last part removed.
    Does any one know how I would do this and what Tech equipment I would need to do this with? Please be specific on what equipment

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

The simplest idea I can think of is just get a gopro with a chest mount, head mount or something. With using the gopro you would need to narrate the process so that if you missed a visual key you could rewind an listen tot he process again.

In my opinion you could grab up a hero2 pretty cheep used or even a couple of them. If a gopro is too big you could also look into "spy glasses" on amazon and grab up a pair with a built in HD video camera.

Spy glasses
    https://www.amazon.com/OhO-sunshine-...n+camera&psc=1

Hero 2 you may need to look for on ebay
    BM Dubyou
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Thank you, soooooooo much. I'll check them out and see if it will meet my needs. Again...I Thank You.

Maybe there is hope for my cars yet.
    They don't make these cars any more and I am going to do as much as I possibly can to keep mine in as good of shape as possible for there future owners. Jack

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

A GoPro would be your best bet. Go Pro with magnet mount (or head/chest but I'd prefer something mounted to the car) and you'll be golden.

I've done this before. When I was working on the Truck one day tearing everything apart I stuck the gopro in there and just went to town. When it came time to put everything back I went at it as best as I could remember and when I got stuck I referred to the video. I'm gonna have to do this again now though - my heater isn't working in the truck. I'm hoping it's just low on coolant and not the heater core.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

Would you be able to view it in reverse in stead of going back to the beginning and watching it over from the start.
    If I have to start from the beginning every time I finish one step of reinstalling a part, this would take a lot of time going all the way back every time a step is finished.
    Or are the Go Pro,s capable of playing in reverse and have the ability to pouse the viewing before I am done with what I just saw???

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah. GoPro Studios is able to play a video in reverse (editing software from GoPro).
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Old school. Get a bunch of tins, paper and pencil. Part off, into the tin, lable and number the tin.

How we did it rebuilding friends' engines under the shade tree in Texas in the 70's

Go pro sounds like it could be a possibility!!

What is the "tin" you are talking about??
    Back in my day, I would use tape to do what I think you are referring too, by putting #'s and then match them up that way. But it would take for ever.

Images

I have about 2 dozen ziplock baggies with notecards in them on my workbench right now from when I tore apart the 305.

Her Build thread -->

Tin: that metal round thing where us ancients used to get our food like canned beans, coffee, soup, fruit cocktail.

I still use egg cartons when tearing down a head. Good place to sort parts of valves, springs etc

Did you wash them out before using them??? So far I have not yet made up on what to use.

Nowadays, I dig containers or if the recycling bin and use zip lock baggies like one of the other posters had mentioned

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

An older GoPro and laptop should do the trick, the GoPro to capture the footage and the laptop to view it. Then you can jump around in the video as needed. You can also stop recording one clip and then start recording another to break up a task. That gives you the benefit of smaller chunks to go through when you're looking for something specific, as well as minimizing the amount of content lost if the battery dies or the camera fries or something.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Let me ask this, "What about these new phones? Are they capable of recording and than send the video to another "Thingy" that would play it backwards so I can have it any where!!!

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, with my sugar being down low, I do not think straight.

Images

I'm sure there is an app out on the store somewhere that will let you do that.

Her Build thread -->

Can you give some examples of what stores?

Images

Depends on your phone - iPhone - apple app store. Android - Google Play store.

Her Build thread -->

I have consumer cellular and a old Flip phone. It is very hard for me to learn new tech equipment. Any suggestion of what kind of phone I should get???

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Any Android phone will be able to record video and let you copy it right to your computer for playback, or be viewed on the phone itself. If you ask some friends and family odds are someone has an unused one sitting around they'd probably be glad to be rid of.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

OK, I think I am going with some sort of phone that will let me review it! I'll let you know before I buy one to get all opinions on which one I should go with.

Thread Information