CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Default Celica's Fuel Economy

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY: vile_v on Apr 16, 2010

Alright I hope this clears up any misconceptions on what our cars was getting. Some of the people on this board have gotten outrageous fuel economy, which in turn has discourage other members into believing how bad of a condition their car is in.

First off, fuel economy has many factors that effect it. Some of these factors are age, health, weight, how you drive, model (to some degree) So please take these things into consideration when reading this chart.

I hope this information has been of some used.

*This information was taken from Toyota's specification sheet. I was able to duplicate it with rights, while I was a part-time parts representative.*

1994 Celica:
    ----------------------------- (L/100KMS) --- (MPG) ----
    ENG.. | TRANSMISSION | CITY - HWY | CITY - HWY
    7AFE | MANUAL .......|_ 8.7 - 6.4 |_ 32 - 44
    7AFE | AUTOMATIC ..|_ 9.2 - 6.7 |_ 31 - 42
    5SFE | MANUAL .......| 10.3 - 7.4 |_ 27 - 38
    5SFE | AUTOMATIC ..| 10.4 - 7.3 |_ 27 - 39 1995 Celica:
    7AFE | MANUAL .......|_ 8.1 - 6.4 |_ 35 - 44
    7AFE | AUTOMATIC ..|_ 8.8 - 6.5 |_ 32 - 43
    5SFE | MANUAL .......| 10.5 - 7.6 |_ 27 - 37
    5SFE | AUTOMATIC ..| 10.4 - 7.3 |_ 27 - 39 1996 Celica:
    7AFE | MANUAL .......|_ 8.1 - 6.4 |_ 35 - 44
    7AFE | AUTOMATIC ..|_ 8.8 - 6.5 |_ 32 - 43
    5SFE | MANUAL .......| 10.6 - 7.6 |_ 27 - 37
    5SFE | AUTOMATIC ..| 10.8 - 7.5 |_ 26 - 38 1997 Celica - 1998 Celica:
    5SFE | MANUAL .......| 10.6 - 7.6 |_ 27 - 37
    5SFE | AUTOMATIC ..| 10.8 - 7.5 |_ 26 - 38 1999 Celica:
    5SFE | MANUAL .......| 10.8 - 7.6 |_ 26 - 37
    5SFE | AUTOMATIC ..| 10.6 - 7.7 |_ 27 - 37

Its not my typical DIY but its pretty damn useful. aha

- my celica was getting 12.8L/100kms (I had a half a dime size hole in the front pipe) it was recently replaced with another used pipe. I am now getting 10.8L/100kms mixed of highway and city driving + lead foot aha LESSON TO LEARN: FIX YOUR EXHAUST LEAKS!!!
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Just a sidenote here.

Lots of old cars (pre OBD2) get bad mileage for a variety of reasons, and not from engine wear.

Biggest culprit outside vacuum leaks is bad power distribution. On the + side, I commonly see big voltage drops on old wiring, ground side is worse. First thing you should do to an old car is replace (and upgrade, I usually use 4ga) the positive cables to the fuse block and to the starter and then on the ground side one to the body close as possible to the battery, one to the engine block (usually on accessory bracket bolt). If it is an automatic trans, I add one to the transmission body as well.

Nice additional bonuses, windows roll faster, brighter lights and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

The oxygen sensors aren't the greatest thing either. Replace with a wideband controller with narrowband output. If that's too expensive an option for you, solder a dedicated ground wire to body of the sensor. Better than grounding through the manifold. Good news about the expensive option is that it makes hunting down vacuum leaks worlds easier in the future.

Other things to note. Pull out the coolant sensor (and fan switch) and clean them with a wire brush.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Thread Information