CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Beam swap what do I need..

So my 5sfe piston rings are going and I wanna swap a red top beam into it and still use the trans. Do I need to change any mounts or wiring for the ECU or axles? Or should it mostly be plug and play? I know I need to upgrade the fuel pump tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Engine, harness, ECU would be all that's needed. You'll need ot do the wiring conversion and all that. Motor mounts should be good, transmission too. May need to do a hybrid clutch setup but not too big of a deal (5sfe clutch disk, 3sge pressure plate).
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Wiregap can do the harness conversion for you.

You'll need to send him both harnesses, but he's done countless MR2s and Celica hybrid harnesses.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

May need to do a hybrid clutch setup but not too big of a deal (5sfe clutch disk, 3sge pressure plate).
    Most used Redtops come with the S54 transmission which is a direct replacement for the trans in your Celica. If the factory clutch needs replacement, you can get a conversion clutch setup from Spec clutches or one of the other major brands.
    http://www.specclutch.com/conversion_combos/view/20

Thread Information