CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Diesel discussion

Murgy gave me an idea...

Let's hear about your preferred diesel and why you're there.

I don't have all my farta in front of me, but I'm a Dodge (Ram) guy. After my research I'm pro-Cummins.

More to follow....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

If you are thinking on going with an older powerstroke, (which I know you're not) stick with the 6L. Anything bigger and the cab will need to come off the frame for most big work.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That's one thing we discovered the hard way (we=her parents). They bought theirs and a few weeks later the motor locked up on them. Couple months at the shop as they were trying to do just the minimum to get it repaired - ended up replacing the whole long block assembly. They were bitching about removing the cab and everything.

From what I've read though Cummins seems to have the most stable platform out there. Full of power and ready to go. If you max it frequently (high RPM) it tends to die early. Low RPM usage though they just keep going. Seeing as how it'll primarily be a tow rig for us - I don't see any high RPM usage.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I like the Mercedes OM642 that's in my Jeep, though diesel SUV options aren't exactly plentiful here. It has a few quirks (some added by Chrysler) but overall it's a solid platform that makes good power and gets good economy. The rest of the drivetrain is solid as well but the number of problems I've had with the rest of it have pissed me off so much that I hate the thing.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I used the father in laws 2010 2500 Sierra hd to tow my celica 10 hours to Calgary for my engine swap. NO lack of power at all, smooth sailings the entire way, and didn’t guzzle gas nearly as much as I thought it would.

Project Ava

Thread Information