CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default No spark. No fuel. And no check engine light.

Here's the deal. Bought this sweet 92 GT convertible w/ 5 spd. 145k for 300 off cl. Needed a timing belt. Easy fix. Drove it to the gulf coast and back. About a week after i got back the batt light came on. Was at a "friends" and he told me to start it. Then told me to give it some gas
    Well he undid both batt cables. The engine bucked, the wipers came on and it died. Instantly i smelt electric burnt smell inside the car just for a sec. Turns over but thats it. Ive got power to my igniter and coil. Checked all my relays and fuses and they all seem ok. When i get off work i will get out my multimeter and go thru the troubleshooting pages i found here. I did install a verified working ecm as well but 8 figured the no CEL meant that power wasnt getting to the ecm

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

While the car should be able to run only on the alternator, a battery in the system helps eliminate voltage spikes. Chances are pretty high something fried/melted in a hidden location. You can try to disconnect a spark plug, ground it and crank. See if the spark plug fires. If they do, check for fuel delivery. Not sure on the 5th gen if you can get to it like the 4th gen - but there should be some wires under the rear seat that you can prob to check for voltage after bridging E1 and T in the engine bay.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I kinda figured whatever burnt wouldnt be easy to find. Before it died the check engine light would come on with the key turned. Im going to see if my ecm has power to it.

Finally decided to start over. Checked the fuses in the kickpanel drivers side with a buss fuse tester and they all checked out. Read a post from someone with the identical problem and he said his 7.5 amp ignition relay was the problem.. Well there isnt such a thing. Looking at the fuse vox cover it says 7.5 amp ign fuse.. I pulled the fuse and teplaced it. BAM!!! Cel came on. Decided to pull the fuses and teplace them. Turned out my Ecm 1 fuse was also no good. Car fired right up..

Thread Information