CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 91 GT Security System

Hey guys i just recently picked up a 1991 GT Liftback. It has one of the toyota security systems installed in it. Its NOT the RS3000 model but the BABMW-8171 model. Its part number is 00398-00921. I dont have the fobs for it and im having a bit of trouble finding the proper fob. Does anyone know what the part number for the fobs for this model alarm? Or better yet does anyone have a fob with one of these alarms in their Celica Could u get me the part number off the fob? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1988 All trac *Sonic Reducer* :thefinger

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Oh man... that's obscure. I would suggest posting this in the Lithia Toyota forum. I doubt they would be able to actually get a hold of one, but they have the DB of part numbers.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

It is an old system. Remove it and never worry about it again.
    If you care that much, all you need to do is find out what the programming procedure was for that model of "alarm" and the frequency range of the remote fob and then get one that works on that frequency.
    Like I said, I would just take it out. Those things worked for shit anyway. If you want a fob for unlocking the doors, there are much better and proven reliable options for cheap now. Use one of them.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

I've been wondering about this system too. I have a 91 with some sort of annoying alarm...it hasn't bugged me to the point of wanting to by pass it yet and I'm still playing with other issues. I found the fobs on sale so I can purchase them for $30. What I've been dying to find out is what features came with this? Was it just arm and disarm? Or did it also include lock and unlock (if it's a stupid question I have no pride and no shame). I want to know if it's worth getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellikah View Post
    I've been wondering about this system too. I have a 91 with some sort of annoying alarm...it hasn't bugged me to the point of wanting to by pass it yet and I'm still playing with other issues. I found the fobs on sale so I can purchase them for $30. What I've been dying to find out is what features came with this? Was it just arm and disarm? Or did it also include lock and unlock (if it's a stupid question I have no pride and no shame). I want to know if it's worth getting one.
    So which system do you have? The 00398-00900? These were Toyota Factory OEM systems at the time. I don't know what the original poster from 2015 meant by RS3000 or BABMW-8171 - I have a couple of original Toyota TVSS (Toyota Vehicle Security System) manuals that originally came with this option and those models or whatever aren't contained in my manuals (just the part number I gave you, which is also on the control module typically located under the driver seat).

What features does the 00398-00900 system have?
    - Remote Arming/Disarming w/Transmitter (the original transmitter for this system was pretty basis, a simple single button transmitter)
    - Passive Arming/Disarming by Key
    - Valet Mode
    - Panic Mode
    - Alarm
    - Glass Breakage Sensing / Alarm
    - Remote Control Door Locking
    - Remote Control Door Unlocking

Those are the main features. I could scan my manual into a PDF, but I don't know if this forum handles posting of PDF information - haven't used it in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
    So which system do you have? The 00398-00900? These were Toyota Factory OEM systems at the time. I don't know what the original poster from 2015 meant by RS3000 or BABMW-8171 - I have a couple of original Toyota TVSS (Toyota Vehicle Security System) manuals that originally came with this option and those models or whatever aren't contained in my manuals (just the part number I gave you, which is also on the control module typically located under the driver seat).

What features does the 00398-00900 system have?
    - Remote Arming/Disarming w/Transmitter (the original transmitter for this system was pretty basis, a simple single button transmitter)
    - Passive Arming/Disarming by Key
    - Valet Mode
    - Panic Mode
    - Alarm
    - Glass Breakage Sensing / Alarm
    - Remote Control Door Locking
    - Remote Control Door Unlocking

Those are the main features. I could scan my manual into a PDF, but I don't know if this forum handles posting of PDF information - haven't used it in a long time.
    Thanks a lot, those are the options listed on my module (I don't know what the part number is because it's in the car and it's not that serious lol). I like those simple options.

Thread Information