CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

Threaded View

Default So, here's the new ride.

Picked-up it up tonight. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I had test driven on automatic 86 back in March and found it to be pretty good. I ordered a manual. An awesome 5 additional horsepower. Stiffer body structure than prior years though.

A few observations from my first 30 or so miles.
    1. The clutch with the damn helper spring is WAAAAY to light. Nothing like I'm used to. That spring is coming out as soon as I have a free moment. I've read that is supposed to help a lot. Some of you older folks will know what I mean when I say it is the equivalent of the '70 Chrysler power steering.
    2. I don't think it's underpowered like a lot of people bitch about. During break in, you're not supposed to go about 4K and it makes peak power well above that. I'm pleased with what I'm seeing so far.
    3. Six gear is a little notchy right now. I'm hoping that smooth's out as it breaks in. The transmission shifts great thought and the gear spacing is really close. The ratios seem to be good so far too.
    4. Handling is great. I am not disappointed.

So far, I like it. It's not an All Trac but this is a new chapter.

Last edited by Nitro_Alltrac; 09-19-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information