CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JDM vs USD ECM?

Default JDM vs USD ECM?

Looks like the only difference is the ACT and CCO pins. I could not find a diagram saying what the CCO is? Might be Oxidation Catalyst something?

I believe I have a JDM ECM. I have to check the part # of my bad one but if I can only find an ECM of the USDM will it work?

To put it simply if I have a JDM ECM and JDM engine with ACT, CCO and tried a USDM ECM would it work? All the other pins are the same.

Thanks,
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 09-15-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My car has a JDM engine in it and for the longest time it was running on the USDM ECU. No issues.

When I did swap in a JDM ECU, the only reason I had to do any repinning was due to the year. My car is a 92 and the JDM ECU was a 90-91.

If you can find a USDM ECU the same year as the car (I'm assuming you're running the original wiring harness to the car), it should plug in and work. The ECU will need to match the year of the wiring harness. I looked at signature and it says 92 JDM swap. If you used the 92 harness, you'll need a 92 ECU or you'll need to move some pins.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Thread Information