CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

Threaded View

Default Fuel ? problem st185

Wanted to paint the full picture in a new thread and see if anyone had any ideas. Maybe a couple years ago my st185 started experiencing this. The first start of the day it would start but I'd have to let it idle for 30-60 seconds or it would die when give it gas. After that runs and starts fine all day. Even after sitting at work for 9-10 hours. Next day is 50/50 but sitting more than a day it will always do it on the first start. It has gotten worse to now I have to crank the engine for 20 seconds or more and I can hear it barely firing till it is firing enough to idle on its own. Then same thing have to let it idle for 30-60 till I can drive it. To me that seems like a clear fuel problem and not spark or air. I have replaced fuel pump, filter, cold start relay/switch (not sure if those are 1 thing or 2 separate things), the cold start injector was removed and tested ok. And the coolant temp sensor was bad but a new one (green plug) didn't fix it. I can't believe the injectors are bad, for one thing its a JDM low miles engine and two it runs great after the first start. It's a real brain buster. This car has more gremlins then any I have ever owned. Thanks,

Edit: After posting I remembered I never tried putting a fuel pressure gauge in to see if its low at startup but then with the new pump, filter and no leaks that can't be it. And also the only CEL code is the one for the "no G signal 5 seconds after cranking, check distributor".
    Last edited by 90ToyAllTrac; 08-21-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information