CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default What tires to get?

Hey there, guys!
    I have finally decided to buy a new car (well, not really new) and I got myself a 2001 Celica, hooray! So far I'm prety happy with it, but it's not in the best shape, and I really want to make it look good again.
    Now, tires are a priority for me, since these current ones are really worn out and I don't even feel safe driving that car right now.
    A friend of mine is a mechanic and he suggested me that I visit this website for suggestions: Holmes Tire. But it looks pretty fishy for me, and I don't want to make any bad decisions that I will regret. I'm looking for some year round, all season tires. Money is definitely not an issue.
    Thank you for the help!

check tirerack website. Use desktop version of the site / research& advice / tire ratings. You can select a tire, and filter reviews for style of driving, vehicle etc. The ratings have historically been spot on for many of my normal passenger vehicles.

The site only contains tires they sell, so some distributor specific versions will have to be matched back to their equivalents while some brands (cooper) are not sold and no reviews available.

As for my daily driver 91 gt, I was getting Yokohama's out of ntb - and been happy with water, tread life etc on stick alloys. Would replace wheels and upgrade tires if I was to go aggressive driving.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Continental ExtremeContact DWS (or DWS06) would be a good all season tire. Otherwise, the BFG Comp 2 A/S would be another good option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Thank you for the opinions, guys, I think I have found what I needed!

Since budget is not a problem, take a look at the Michelin.

Thread Information