CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default What fwd transmission is compatible with 3s-great motor

So I have a 1999 toyota corolla and I'm swapping the motor to a 3s-gte. I can buy the motor and ecu with or without the awd transmission. Is there a way to bypass the awd by putting a plate where the shaft comes out on the back of the tranny or is there any bolt up fwd 5spd transmissions for that motor, need help!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

There's write ups here on converting an AWD transmission to FWD. Your best bet is to use either a S53/S54/E153 transmission. If you get the E153 from a solora you won't have to convert it to FWD. If you get one from the MR2 you'll have to set it up for FWD.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

That will be a fun corolla. I swapped a 3sgte into a 1991 celica with the factory s53 trans and it held up fine. Others have had problems but I never launched it.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I would tell you to go e56 trans but sourcing axles have been a pain in the a$$

Thread Information