CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Where to buy OEM shocks now? Or what is best replacement today?

Sorry for my bad english. I was spending many hours ouf searching on the web where to buy now in 2016 OEM front and rear shocks for st162. My car is from 1989 - 2.0 3SGE. Please so much, has anybody some idea where to buy OEM shocks or what is the best replacement for them?

My ideas are..

1) buy the shocks from the st182. As i understand, the front is direct fit and on the rear must be somethink drilled. Please has anybody experience with this?

2) Buy the rear TOKICO (B3043/B3015 and B3044/B3016) or KYB but im lost in many informations about this solution. What replacement numbers, cartridge or not cartridge...etc.

Please, if anybody was made something like me - im trying put the car to the original state - i will be very happy for some informations about his way.

Best regards
    Ditri

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The KYB GR2 or Excel G are fine OE replacement shocks. Otherwise, check Koni Yellows for a higher performance shock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Hi thank you so much for the info. Please do you know if the KYB made whole front shocks - not only the cartridges? As im searching on the internet a was find only the whole shocks - rear and front only the cartridges.

KYB seem to make only the cartridges (Inserts) but you can try to check Monroe suspension as well.
    Last edited by CARiD; 03-01-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Another option is to get bilstein shocks. Bilstein offers a firm ride which is great for rough and bumpy roads.

Thread Information