CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Battery relocate kits

Is there a better brand for old Toys? I searched www and here. They have them for different makes now maybe the terminals are different. Or will just any generic kit work? Just to be sure.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Better off to assemble your own kit. When I did the relocate on my old 162 I just bought a generic battery box from the store (CSK, etc) and then ordered everything from KnuKoncepts. 1/0 wire for ground and B+ feed to engine bay. Used some 4g wire for starter, alternator and then 1/0 again for ground wiring in engine bay. Worked great since I then had another spot to tap into for gauges or other +12v stuff I needed in the engine bay.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

If you want to save money on the power wire and fuse just go to a wreckers and look for a BMW or something with a trunk mounted battery, ideally a sedan since the cable will be longer.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

+1 I got my battery cable from a BMW. They have pretty nice terminals already too.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Cool. Good to know. Thanks,
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

I bought the cables premade from ebay and mounted it in the rear. You can customize the length which is nice.

Ground cable - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-0-Gauge-AW...item1e9ca24762
    Postiive cable - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Relo...item43e990551e

I ran the cable through the drivers side fender well into the cabin and to the back using this guide as a reference http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26689

Thread Information