CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default New toy. I can't resist I guess. 87 MR2

Found local surprisingly. Dude said he had ran a vin report years ago and the car had come from Nevada, he bought it from a dealer in Florida and had it shipped up here. NO RUST. I thought he was just stupid and hadn't looked hard enough, but it's true. There is some damage on the left rear that has been repaired a long time ago. The bondo is cracking. The driver door was replaced at the same time cause I can see it is red under the new black paint. Engine runs fine, the valves need adjustment bad thought. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I'm note sure where I'm going with it yet. Do I want to go nicer like a miniature Princess, or chop the fenders up put huge flares on and some 15x8 wheels for a super wide crazy stance. I donno yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It was idling funny sometimes and after reading a little I figured it was air in the coolant causing the IACV to act up. I bleed the system per the BGB, which is kinda a pain cause you know...rear engine front mounted radiator. But I got it and sure enough it idles fine now. After that I figured out the EGR was sticking open sometimes, so I promptly got rid of that and removed 90% of the vacuum lines in the bay.

I couldn't find a short bolt to replace the banjo bolt on the exhaust mani with so I just cut the old EGR tube and welded it shut, put the banjo bolt back in. Little plate to cover the hole on the intake mani. EGR delete done.

I ordered a few little pieces from TwosRus to fix some of the wind noise in the cab from the t tops. Also a new headlight knob cause mine was missing.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

Just trying to do a few small things to keep me busy. The suspension is SHOT and I want to put coilovers on but I'm just waiting a few paychecks. I decided to try fixing the broken C pillar trim because finding a good one is hard and they are several hundred dollars. Apparently I didn't take any before pictures, but it was broken into two pieces. I used some JB weld plastic bonder to fix it back together, sanded the seam and now the primer is drying.

The center console had a big hole right where you elbow sits, for obvious reasons. They didn't reinforce the area that most people will use as an elbow prop. So I found a good used console and bought it up.

I also have this old vinyl covered pad I wanna put on the console, but it's gross looking. I dropped it off with this SUPER hot chick who does upholstery work, she's gonna redo it with new foam and a flat black vinyl. Should be a few days.

I got an extra set of suspension from a local friend who has a 88 SC MR2. He put coilovers on and gave me his old stuff. The struts were blown, but I figured I'll throw new inserts in them for cheap so I can at least drive the car in the mean time. I took the disassembled strut tubes and springs to my buddy for sandblasting tonight. Figured since they were apart I'd at least clean them up and spray some new paint on them. Pics of that later.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Spacewedge!

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Pics of the chick doing the upholstery...
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bloodMoney View Post
    Seconded
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bloodMoney View Post
    Man she was chatting with me for like 20 min in her shop, laughing and smiling, then shes like "come into the back.... and look what my boyfriend is working on!" I was pissed.

Got the struts back tonight from blasting. I'ma throw some paint on them with new inserts for now, just need to tide me over till coilovers.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Neat! I keep forgetting there's another Dakoter here. And yes pics of chicks!
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Nice find! I love the 1st gen MR2s, they're so much fun to drive.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

That's going to be a nice ride Matt.

Check in Joe and Keri Delio on Facebook. They are HUGE Gen1 MR2 fans. They are on here occasionally. Her screen name is Darth Ripley. They've also got a nice ST185.

Look forward to see how this goes.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Images

Disassembled and painted the struts today.

Yesterday I got a little carried away. I was just gonna try to heat up the front bumper cover and get the dent out...then I ended up with the entire front apart. The crash bar was bent in some on the driver side. I tried to pull it out with my chain come-along but I was pulling the car over my wheel chocks. So I went to work, hooked it to my service truck, got the torch out and heated it, then put the car in reverse. You know what I did. It worked though and it's straight. Got the dent out of the bumper cover, sanded and primered the area.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

These are such fun little cars. Even better with a blacktop 20v!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    These are such fun little cars. Even better with a blacktop 20v!
    Pft. 20v. What a waste of money. Hardly even get 200hp to the wheels without spending a fortune. Maybe if I cut out a few firewalls and got carbon fiber everything it would be quick.
    Nope, this coming winter it'll be getting ~300hp. Ima just putt around town for now.

It's so nice to have a chassis code that has aftermarket. It was a pain to find bushings for the 162.

Took alllll the suspension off tonight. I didn't get a picture of the pile after the rear stuff was added. It's going across town to the powdercoat. I'm thinking gloss cherry red.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    . I'm thinking gloss cherry red.
    So it's going to match your lipstick then?
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Yea the 20v isn't much of a power boost. They sound good though.

Do what ben did and just put the 2gr in.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Yea the 20v isn't much of a power boost. They sound good though.

Do what ben did and just put the 2gr in.
    I would, but I'm not trying to spend a fortune on it. 2GR just costs too much still. And to fit it in the aw11 you gotta do a good bit of cutting in the engine bay. I'll just stick to a boosted 4cyl

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Twincharge?

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Twincharge?
    Way over complicated for no reason. I wouldn't mind a centrifugal SC but the money and time spent on fabing that up just isn't worth it when there are off the shelf options that'll give me the same result.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

Put new inserts in the struts. Finally got a break from the wind and got the springs painted, I should really turn my garden shed into a paint room.

So I thought twice about powdercoating the control arms and such. Nobody's gonna see it and it's not exactly cheap. So instead ima just diy sandblast them and paint.
    I've got a little handheld blaster and a bag of media in town is only like $18, so I started some blasting. It's slower for sure but much cheaper, my blast guy is $125/hr.
    This too about 20 min to do and still needs more.

I did finish blasting the front strut rods and primed them with self etching. Also the front strut tops I forgot to paint.

I need to adjust the valves like for serious and I found this tool browsing the internet. How did I not know about this?! It lets you remove bucket shims WITHOUT removing the cams!
    The plier goes around the cam lobe and pushes the bucket down, then you put the wedge on the lip of the bucket, between the cam, so it holds it down and you can use a magnet to grab the shim out. Pretty damn slick.

First look inside the engine

The bright spot on this cam lobe is not camera flash, it's actually some kinda...buildup, or weird white rust. It doesn't rub off easily. So it's safe to say this valve hasn't been pushing on the lobe very hard.

Hopefully adjusting valves does the trick, I forgot my feeler gauges at work and I was NOT going back to get them tonight so I'll dig into that more another night.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

That valve tool is a life saver. Works on 3sgte and 2jz as well. Money well spent for sure.

Images

Got my armrest pad back. She did a pretty good job. I think...Ima take the dash out and have her redo it with the same vinyl. And the shift boot.

Pulled the steering rack out and replaced inner and outer tie rods, boots, and greased the rack. New mounting bushings too.

Put all the control arms and strut rods back on. I somehow forgot to get new front ball joints though. All the arms and rods were blasted, primed with self etching and top coated gloss black.
    I forgot to do the big washers for the strut rods though, but it's whatever.

Sprayed down the rear toe rods with JB80 so the alignment guy hopefully doesn't fight too hard. I wanna replace them with the fancy ones from T3 but that's not something that's really necessary right now, so I didn't bother replacing them with oem stuff. Hopefully someone in town has front ball joints in stock and I can take it off stands tomorrow.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Coming along really nicely Matt.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Looks like you are having a blast Matt. Good stuff
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do for door cards. I can't have the dash redone with the matte charcoal black of the armrest pad and then not do the doors in it also, I think it would look weird. The other option is the TechnoToy door cards which I do like, but are way more race car.

Also the steering wheel needs to be redone but it looks like it'll be cheaper to just replace the wheel.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Thread Information