CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Junior Member Il_Barone is on a distinguished road

Here i am

For now i've driven for about 100 miles.

Everything looks good, engine's answer is always very quick at low, medium or high regimes.

The Japspeed exhaust makes a beautiful sound.

No leaks.

The only thing i've noticed.... when i drive in the traffic, the cooling fan comes on every 5 minutes. When i stop the engine and i put one hand on the hood, i feel very very very warm coming from the engine bay.

Is the 3SGTE so hot in your Celicas?

Have a nice week

Some pic of my AT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

If you want to bring the temps down, get a heat shield for the turbine housing and wrap the exhaust until it exits the engine bay.

Also cover the exhaust/engine facing surfaces of the intake/ic with mylar tape where you can.

Make sure you have a good seal around your radiator that forces air through the core. Use weatherstripping and silicone where required. Good seal > a little lost surface area. Make sure fan shrouding is well sealed to the core in the same manner.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Would it be hot since you have a tmic and an RC hood??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Ava
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT View Post
    If you want to bring the temps down, get a heat shield for the turbine housing and wrap the exhaust until it exits the engine bay.

Also cover the exhaust/engine facing surfaces of the intake/ic with mylar tape where you can.

Make sure you have a good seal around your radiator that forces air through the core. Use weatherstripping and silicone where required. Good seal > a little lost surface area. Make sure fan shrouding is well sealed to the core in the same manner.
    Thank you for your tips

I noticed that there're two types of heat shield, one adhesive and one non-adhesive sold with ties. Which is better in your opinion?

Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by pintoBC_3sgte View Post
    Would it be hot since you have a tmic and an RC hood??
    You're right, but i did not imagine that it would be so hot with that hood.

I'm taking a look around for a slim IC fan....

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

It gets hot. An RC hood isn't going to save you from traffic heatsoak.

https://www.designengineering.com/ca...ials/cool-tape

That's the kind of thing you want on the engine/exhaust facing intake surfaces, adhesive backed.

The turbo/exhaust wrap is not adhesive, use steel strapping to hold on. Similar to http://www.designengineering.com/cat...insulation-kit

Brand isn't specific, that one just came to mind because it's easily accessible to me.

I use mylar tape from the local hardware store in place of the DEI stuff unless needed (look in the section they keep insulation), the adhesive on the DEI stuff is rated higher.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT View Post
    It gets hot. An RC hood isn't going to save you from traffic heatsoak.

https://www.designengineering.com/ca...ials/cool-tape

That's the kind of thing you want on the engine/exhaust facing intake surfaces, adhesive backed.

The turbo/exhaust wrap is not adhesive, use steel strapping to hold on. Similar to http://www.designengineering.com/cat...insulation-kit

Brand isn't specific, that one just came to mind because it's easily accessible to me.

I use mylar tape from the local hardware store in place of the DEI stuff unless needed (look in the section they keep insulation), the adhesive on the DEI stuff is rated higher.
    Ok.

Sorry for the stupid question, but...what should i have to cover with mylar tape?

That two areas in the red circles?

Thank you

I've replaced the original AT hood

I have also ordered a turbo/exhaust wrap roll. It should arrive in a week.

Nice! Looks good

Project Ava

Thread Information