CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The stock set up is a dual hard line bolting to the turbo from the top. There are a couple of short rubber hoses that connect the hard lines back to the coolant system.

This page has pictures of the stock coolant lines about half way down.

http://lovehorsepower.com/joomla/ind...d=16&Itemid=21

My guess would be that something has happened to the hard lines and the PO either didn't want to buy new ones or couldn't find them.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member Il_Barone is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    The stock set up is a dual hard line bolting to the turbo from the top. There are a couple of short rubber hoses that connect the hard lines back to the coolant system.

This page has pictures of the stock coolant lines about half way down.

http://lovehorsepower.com/joomla/ind...d=16&Itemid=21

My guess would be that something has happened to the hard lines and the PO either didn't want to buy new ones or couldn't find them.
    PO= previous owner?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Il_Barone View Post
    PO= previous owner?
    parole officer... haha, yeah the previous owner would make the most sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Ahahahaha

Could be the parole officer. Hard to tell about the chain of ownership sometimes.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Welded by hand plug for the blow-off valve

Yesterday was a passion day

We dropped in the engine with our faithful friend, the forklift

We have to connect all the wiring, shift cables, fuel line, drive shafts...but the most of the job was done

It works!

First, we run the engine without the coil to put the oil (Castrol Magnatec) in circulation, then we connected the coil and it turned on at the first try

Maybe tomorrow evening we'll do the first ride after a long time, we still mount one driveshaft boot and new tires.

Here there's a picture of the engine complete and one of another friend of ours (in addition to the forklift)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light

Images

nice! always a good feeling when it starts on the first try huuh?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica91gts View Post
    nice! always a good feeling when it starts on the first try huuh?
    Unlike me..
    Who had to discover the hard way his fuel pump was wired backwards

Sent from Naboo
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Bad news guys.
    Very bad news.

It leaks coolant from the head gasket. Exactly from the layers of the gasket.

With the engine on, we can see the coolant dripping from that precise point (in the red circle)

We torqued the head bolts following the BGB instructions.

We have not re-torqued them yet. Maybe it's the reason of that leak?

The head gasket is a Cometic with ARP bolts. Block and head were machine-shaped.

Did the same thing happen to you? Or do you know if it's a possible problem with Cometic gaskets?

I'm very demoralized

We re-torque the head bolts and it doesn't leak anymore!!

We did about 10 km of road test, the engine goes very fast, the Japspeed stainless steel exhaust makes a beautiful sound

Next week we'll take the car to the bodyshop for a complete repainting

Pictures coming soon

Images

glad to hear it man!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The re-torquing is a wondrous thing...
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    The re-torquing is a wondrous thing...

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Looks great!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Is the japspeed exhaust made for the st185? I can only find it for the st205.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_celica_gts View Post
    Is the japspeed exhaust made for the st185? I can only find it for the st205.
    Yes, it's for st185. I bought the complete exhaust and the downpipe.

I bought it about one year ago from eBay.

Seller was "uk-performance-uk", maybe you can ask them if they still have something for the st185.

Hi everybody!

Car is almost ready!

I have a CS hood in my garage.... Can i install it or there's a risk of heat problems? My engine has a stock ATA intercooler.

Thank you

You will have problems with the tmic and the cs hood. Best bet would be to go fmic with that hood

Project Ava

Quote Originally Posted by pintoBC_3sgte View Post
    You will have problems with the tmic and the cs hood. Best bet would be to go fmic with that hood
    For now i don't have enought money for a FMIC.

Do you think it could be a good solution putting a fan on the TMIC?

Will be there enough space?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    If you like, I always recommend the NGK Iridium plugs. You will want the BKR6EIX for stock heat range or BKR7EIX for one step colder.
    If you are using Gen3 cams, while it is true the ecu won't do anything for you in relation to them, you can adjust the exhaust cam 6 degrees and make some added power. Perhaps Luni will chime in to confirm that it is correct to retard it by 6deg.

Getting a bit of additional power, I would recommend a boost controller. Preferably an electronic type. I have always been partial to my Apex-i AVCR. Others like the older Greddy Profec-B. I prefer the AVCR because it has a digital readout and you can see easily what you are doing with no guess work.
    Late to the party.

Gen3 exhaust cam and Gen2 exhaust cam are same thing except Gen3 is already retarded ~4.5 degrees. So, if youre running Gen3 cams, straight up, youre -4.5 degrees exhaust and +2 intake from where Gen2 cams are.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    Late to the party.

Gen3 exhaust cam and Gen2 exhaust cam are same thing except Gen3 is already retarded ~4.5 degrees. So, if youre running Gen3 cams, straight up, youre -4.5 degrees exhaust and +2 intake from where Gen2 cams are.
    Thank you

Almost ready...

Thread Information