CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Refresh my memory... bad cylinder or work clutch?

Sure this is kinda standard across most manual transmissions.

Was driving just fine - but no longer can get in/out of gear. Clutch pedal extremely floppy with pressure feedback about 3/4 to half way of stroke. Don't think clutch was slipping last run (at least it didn't feel like it).

Gonna check the slave/master cylinder levels here in a bit (had to disconnect trailer, push truck 4 blocks home and then repeat again with the trailer).

Clutch has 130k miles on it.

Sounds about right that it's the slave and/or master cylinder going/gone out?
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Actually -- I'm just gonna do the master & slave first. If I need to do the clutch I will then. Someone has a great mind and they sell the master/slave as a single kit for this truck. Prebled and ready to go. Downside -- $80 from Rock Auto. $195 from the dealer... how soon do I need the truck, how soon do I need the truck.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

Yep, glad I checked before buying a whole new clutch assembly. I'll still drop the inspection panels and check it out but the slave cylinder popped and pissed all over the under side. I then noticed a giant puddle of fluid under the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Her Build thread -->

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Those all-in-one assemblies are great. I used one for my brothers Jeep, something like 5 bolts and it was all done. If you haven't ordered one yet I'd just get it from RA with express shipping, it'll be cheaper and should be pretty quick.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Images

Yep - already did. $165 for the part in town at Advance or CSK. Rock Auto has one (that has great reviews and shops use locally as well) for $82 shipped. Just sucked I had to push the beast home. It was only 2 blocks or so but I had a trailer on it too.

Her Build thread -->

Thread Information