CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Could be either cam sensor, crank sensor, ECU or something in the wiring to the coils. Ground the TC wire to see if it flashes out any codes (W wire must be connected to the dash engine warning light)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Hey all, just wanted to thank everyone and update you all on the car. The car had a bad crank position sensor. After I got a new one I was able to get the car running only as long as I was spraying starter fluid into the throttle body. So I figured my gas sitting for three years needed to be cleaned out. I pulled the fuel pump and the gas was NASTY orange and smelt horrible. I dropped the fuel tank and got the tank professionally flushed. My fuel pump is a walbro 255 and the filter on it was really nasty so i figured i would get a supra fuel pump because i was happy with a stock 4th gen and would like a quieter fuel pump but the supra fuel pump is way too expensive. so i just got a replacement walbro 255.

Car runs now and needs a lot of tidying up. I have to reinstall the ECU (currently on passenger feet area).

A big issue is my tachometer is not functioning. Did any of you other 4th gen swap guys have this issue? There is a pin on my wiring harness that is labeled tach, but I dont know where to wire it.

Also my neighbors truck backing into my car leaving a good sized dent in my all trac hood... Bondo will crack after opening and closing my hood so i had to find a good body shop to cut and weld a new piece of metal and is currently being fixed.

thanks again everyone for your advice! you all have really helped me trouble shoot this project and finally its close to being road worthy.

Picture of my dent
    Last edited by celica91gts; 12-08-2016 at 10:10 PM.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

you need either a msd tach converter or a 10k ohm resistor. more info here
    http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48501

Project Ava

The resistor needs to go into the instrument cluster - much easier to use a tach adapter, that is what we did.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light

Images

nice! thanks guys.

Images

Sorry for reviving dead thread. I finally got some things done in the car and now the last bit is to fix the tach. Just a clarifying question. Is there a difference between the msd tach adaptor and the msd tach converter?
    I need this one right?
    http://www.jegs.com/p/MSD-Ignition/M...53052/10002/-1

Images

Project Ava

Images

Thank you!

No problem

Project Ava

Thread Information