CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default ST185 Passenger Side Engine Mount

With redoing the mechanicals on one of my ST185's, I have decided to replace all the engine mounts. Three of the 4 are available through Toyota parts, but one (the passenger side mount) is not. That mount is Toyota Part No. 12362-74140.

I'm finding it difficult to find even an aftermarket engine mount for the passenger side of the ST185. Have any of you ever replaced one of these and, if so, where did you get your replacement engine mount from?

The ST184's passenger side engine mount is 12362-74120 - is that mount interchangeable with 12362-74140? There are many 12362-74120's still out there (for the Celica's with the 5S-FE 2.2L engine). I'm thinking they are not interchangeable.

If anyone has a solution to a replacement ST185 passenger side engine mount, let me know where you got yours from so I can copy and do the same.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Amayama.com lists it as available, $91.86 +shipping, genuine Toyota...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Amayama.com lists it as available, $91.86 +shipping, genuine Toyota...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Yes, many online Toyota parts places lists the 12362-74140 as being available, but once you ask them to check availability, they all responded back that it is not.

I did find out the 1991-1993 Celica convertible mount interchanges with the All-Trac mount perfectly - the only difference being the stay stud included with the mount housing. The stay stud can be removed, so swapping out the old mount stay stud and putting it into the new mount will result in an identical part. So I have one of these on order. I think that will resolve my need. Will advise if it works or not when I do the work over the next month or so.

Update (2016-07-24): The 91-93 Celica convertible passenger side engine mount did work on the All-Trac with the simple stay stud change. No issue. Something to keep in mind in case your All-Tracs need a passenger side engine mount replacement, get the convertible mount. Note: Not that many convertible mounts out there any more either!
    Last edited by 93celicaconv; 07-24-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information