CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V6 celica

Default V6 celica

i've been on here long time ago when i rolled in a 1992 altrac. it was long time ago and many email addresses ago, hens new user name.
    About a month ago I started on a project and i wanted to share it with you. Something I've been wanting to for years now, and it's finally happening.
    Last autox I attended, me and my co-driver managed to seized the stock 5s, instead of getting upset I figured its an opportunity to improve the old celica
    I'm putting 1mz in it from a lexus ex300 I got from an auction.
    So far I got the 1mz out a and getting it ready, got 5s out of my celica and mated the stock celica transmission to the v6.
    Also since I needed a stronger clutch and had an altrac with a busted engine laying around I decided to use that.
    Still to do:
    make a costum right engine mount,
    wiring (lots of it)
    I'd post some pics but cant for 7 days.

tech info
    1990 Celica GT 160k
    engine donor 1997 lexus ex300 130k

PICS or GTFO!

“It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Bloomington Ill. I go there quite often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hello. :-)
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

3 days longer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

welcome

i'm currently working on swapping the carrier bearing from the lexus axle to the celica one, they are a pain!!!
    also getting the m12 1.25 tap wasn't an easy task, this size wasn't a part of any set i got.
    fastenal saved the day, i just need to learn to go there first next time i need something.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Lifts are helpful with the carrier bearing... That said I did mine on my back too. Hahaha

My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.

First i loaded my celica on my trailer and took it to a scale, i really want to know what the swap will do to the weight of the car,
    my trailer/truck is 12400. so the gt is 2660. that's no battery, no spare tire.

then busted 3s coming out off the altrac so i can get the clutch,

altrac flywheel machined for the 1mz and resurfaced

1mz on it's way out

time came for the 5s

just for the fun of it i took apart my 5s, here are the crankshaft bearings thin as razors, previous owner must have ran it without oil for a while.

and this is where i'm at right now. 1mz together with the 5speed.

nice

Very nice. Great progress in short time.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

thanks, i had to take a little break from the project and the cold to spend some time in az with my mistress, 1990 audi 90.
    i know it's the weirdest thing, i love late 80s, early 90s audis and toyotas.
    hopefully i'll be back at it next week to run the exhaust, i'm going with duals.

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing how it goes forward.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

I'm actually pretty stoked to see where this goes too. :-)

V6 Celicas are about as cool as it gets. I'm excited to see where this goes

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Get to work!

What about inline 6 celicas?

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Get to work!

Touché.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Only cool if you bought it with your own money.

(jealous)

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Get to work!

there is one thing cooler than inline 6 celica. my next project,
    i already have half of the parts needed,
    front half of a 5th gen celica and rear half of sw20.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Wow this is great! Following.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

little update on the project.

got my transmission washed

drilling and tapping engine block and the bell housing,
    most of the holes mached up but they either were wrong size or have threads on the wrong side
    btw finding tap for M12 1.25 was insane, i own three different sets of taps and i still had to order that one.

i wanted to extend the pick up tube to prevent oil starvation but it turned out it was less than half an inch from the lowest point of the pan, my engine must be upgraded or something

clutch

transmission install, in the end i got 6 M12 bolts, both 5s and 3s use only four

combining celica carrier bearing with the bracket from lexus carrier bearing, so much grinding!!!

engine ready to go in

and the 1mz is IN.

nicely done!

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Looking good!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Mmmm, so smexy

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Good luck with the project!

Thread Information